Sheren Tang On Love & Career from Last 20 Years (Part 1)

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by Maverick, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

Sheren Tang On Love & Career from Last 20 Years (Part 1)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Caption: Currently 41 years old, Sheren Tang has experienced many turbulences over the last 20 years of her life. Sheren in 1989's "Hup Hak Hung" with Tony Leung and 2007's "The Drive of Life" with Michael Miu.
    Sheren Tang Shui Man was the cute Ding Dong from "Hap Hak Hung," the songstress from "I Have a Date with Spring," the cunning Yu Gei from "War and Beauty" and the temperamental wealthy wife in "The Drive of Life."
    Sheren attained fame over 20 years ago when she was only 18 years old. Over the last 20 years, she left Hong Kong and returned to acting, harbored highly controversial feelings for Kong Wah, lost money on real estate investments, and faced other challenges. Sheren's life has been like a drama.
    At 41 years old, Sheren reflected upon past experiences as a passing cloud. All she needs now is a small house, a hot cup of coffee, and a man she can connect with when she grows old.
    Floating Above the Clouds When She Was 18 Years Old
    "TVB's acting training class in 1985 was extremely competitive to get into. Only a few people were selected from over 1,000 applicants. In my heart, I knew that the graduates were of a high caliber, whom TVB was intent on promoting."
    "I just didn't realize that my opportunity to lead a series would come so quickly. I was naive and thought that entering the entertainment industry only meant acting in series." Sheren's parents divorced when she was a child, which left a lasting reverberance in her life. Numerous turbulences would await in her future career.
    Sheren noted that Maggie Shiu Mei Kei and Kitty Lai mei Han, who were in the same 1985 acting training class, were both prettier than her. Sheren was promoted first due to good luck and the right timing.

"When I entered the industry, TVB's most popular actress was Barbara Yung Mei Ling and Maggie Cheung Man Yuk. Barbara was still alive when I filmed my first series, 《薛仁贵东征》. Shortly afterwards, Barbara died and TVB was placed in an extremely difficult situation. The roles originally tailored for Barbara was given to Maggie Cheung. In turn, I was fortunate to play the roles that was intended for Maggie. From then onwards, I only played lead characters and never any supporting roles. "
    Pegged as "Barbara Yung's successor" and "Ancient Series Beauty," this produced numerous temptations for the young Sheren. She was very hard-working and loved to act. With an intense passion, she also felt that she was talented. Looking back at her early popularity, Sheren smiled and said that she was surrounded by reporters everyday. She was in the daily newspapers, thus it was not difficult to feel that she was floating above the clouds!
    Youthful, beautiful, and sporting an obedient personality, Sheren was offered numerous roles. "Although I was very popular then, my income was too low! After playing the female lead for 5 years, my income did not surpass $6,000 (HKD) per month. It was only enough for me to pay rent, my parking spot, and maintenance fees."
    Fortunately Sheren was offered numerous work projects, which kept her busy and prevented her from wasting money shopping. There was no time for her thoughts to wander either. She was unfamiliar with designer brands and could not afford them either. Sheren did not know any wealthy people, but she witnessed other youthful actresses dating rich boyfriends. This sparked her curiosity and she begain dating rich heirs. From the debauchery, she was able to buy happiness.

2. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

She still looks good for her age, and I must say she has improved a lot since her earlier days.

3. tien317

tien317 Well-Known Member

She has come a long way....All d bets Sheren...