Short End of the Stick - 公公出宮 (2016)

Discussion in 'Chinese Drama Discussion' started by b-lee, Nov 9, 2015.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

tvb-short-end-of-the-stick-2016.jpg

English Title: Short End of the Stick
    Chinese Title: 公公出宮
    Genre: Ancient
    Producer: Marco Law
    Episodes: 35

Filming Location: Hong Kong
    Filming Period: February 2015 - July 2015
    Costume Fitting Date: February 9, 2015

Cast:
    Wayne Lai
    John Chiang
    Nancy Wu
    Edwin Siu
    Rosina Lam
    Natalie Tong
    Raymond Cho
    Power Chan
    Ram Tseung
    Grace Wong
    Rachel Kan
    Yoyo Chen
    Lee Shing Cheung
    Jack Wu
    Suet Nei
    Toby Chan
    Wai Ka Hung
    Lee Ka Sing
    Aurora Li
    Kate Tsang
    Kiu Bo Bo
    Sin Ho Ying
    Harriet Yeung
    Ho Yuen Tung
    Lydia Law
    Michelle Wong
    Matthew Chu
    Ka Chun
    Moses Cheng

Description
    The Imperial Qing Empire falls, officially ending the era of Emperors. Three palace eunuchs Lee Siu-kung (Wayne Lai 黎耀祥), Dan Tin (Power Chan 陳國邦), and Chan Siu-fung (Raymond Cho 曹永廉) are expelled and demoted to peasantry. As they struggle to make a living for themselves beyond the palace borders, they come across the con artist Chui Tsun-sing (Edwin Siu 蕭正楠), who disguises himself as a eunuch to gain their trust.

A string of unfortunate events lead them captured and later sold as servants to the Kams’, a rich family led by a matriarchy. The family’s leader Kam Heung (Nancy Wu 胡定欣) owns a rice shop, and though she presents herself as a wealthy and powerful businesswoman, she struggles to find balance in her life due to the weight she has to carry on her shoulders. The Kam family’s eldest daughter Kam Dai-nam (Rosina Lam 林夏薇), who enjoys cross-dressing, constantly stirs trouble for the family due to her exploits, creating more problems for Kam Heung to deal with.

Kam Heung is pressured by the committee of their village to find a groom so the family name could be carried on. Kam Heung eventually finds her way to Siu-kung, and marries him. Meanwhile, the family’s arch nemesis Tsui Dai-fu (Lee Shing-cheong 李成昌) has his maidservant Wong Lin (Natalie Tong 唐詩詠) befriend the Kams so she can spy on Kam Heung’s older brother Kam Cheong (John Chiang 姜大偉), Dai-fu’s love rival.

At this time, Kam Heung pressures Siu-kung to sire a child with her, but Siu-kung could not fight up enough courage to tell her that he is castrated. The eunuchs do everything they can to fix the situation they’re in, but the more they try, the messier it gets.

#1 b-lee, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  2. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

This is pretty interesting and funny to me. Wayne and all the dudes w/ the high pitch and fem dialogue is funny. lolz

3. KT

KT H E L L O K T ♥

I haven't watched a TVB drama in soooo long because there is usually someone in the cast that I can't stand watching.. but this one is really funny and I enjoy almost all of the cast! Finally, a good one from TVB! I was ready to give up on them.

• Like Like x 1
  4. KT still watches TVB :kevin:

this series suppose to be "The Confidant" sequel but they made it as a comedy call it a spin-off? :hmm:

• Like Like x 1
  5. KT

KT H E L L O K T ♥

shinobi only if the cast is ok. I didn't watch The Confidant so I wasn't going to watch this at first but my friend said it doesn't really have any relations to The Confidant

6. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Rosina Lam eh.. :shifty:

Got a reading week (Spring Break/March Break), let's see if I can catch up on some TVB starting from Shanghai :kelefe:

7. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

I really really like Nancy Wu in this drama. This drama is low key better than the fake K9 dog w/ the tanned brown cali korean girls from Wilshire/Cali Linda.

Nancy possesses something great here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. cant say i like this series nor hate but too much "la yings" for me lolits fine to have one char like that but all four of them its annoying to me:gum:

• I was wondering about that too I was wondering about that too x 1
  9. anyone stilkl watchng? the Rosina and Ray Cho couple in this :D they are cute

10. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Just finished watching yesterday (I know I'm late).

Not that bad. Pretty enjoyable actually, pretty light hearted. Raymond Cho & Rosina definitely my favourite.

Seems like this series aint popular, only 8 posts excluding this one :kelefe:

• Agree Agree x 1