Sisley Choi Annoys Lawrence Ng with Frequent Outtakes

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, Aug 15, 2015.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

sisley-choi-lawrence-ng.jpg

After winning the 2013 Miss Hong Kong pageant as first runner-up, 24-year-old Sisley Choi (蔡思貝) has been fortunate to be granted many opportunities at TVB. Heavily promoted by TVB, Sisley is on a steady rise to the top and will be starring in many upcoming dramas. After completing Speed of Life <當鐵馬遇上戰車> and Fashion War <潮流教主>, she began filming Purely An Accident <純熟意外> with Lawrence Ng (吳啟華).

Recently, Sisley and Lawrence were filming a simple outdoor scene in a car. Sisley was in the driver seat while Lawrence was in the passenger seat. Since she had to drive and remember her lines at the same time, Sisley was distracted and had five outtakes, much to the dismay of Lawrence. Although filming of the scene was slated to be short and quick, the actors did not conclude filming of the scene until 45 minutes later.

Lawrence’s expression appeared noticeably grim. Upon completion of the film, Lawrence and Sisley immediately got out of the car. With zero interaction and communication, the actors went their separate ways with Lawrence leaving in his personal vehicle while Sisley hopped into the company car.

While filming, a group of tourists exited a nearby hotel and saw the set and filming crew. Upon seeing Lawrence, many eager fans took out their cameras for photos and did not seem to recognize Sisley. Despite earlier reports claiming that Sisley ousted Selena Li (李施嬅) to be the female lead in the series, it appears that the young actress still lacks experience and public recognition.

Creds: stheadline

2. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Selena is a good actor, so it's stupid for TVB to promote Sisley over Selena. I'm not opposed to promoting the rookies, but you gotta respect the veteran actors that stuck with you. This is why more and more veterans are leaving TVB; not respected and shitty pay. It's an endless cycle. I'll take Selena to be the female lead over Sisley any time of the week until Sisley proves herself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hartia

Hartia Well-Known Member

Selena is older and seems they wanted to push Sisley for reasons beyond what we know. (insert implications here)

4. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

We don't know the back story but TVB is trying very hard to promote younger generation of artists. They still need time to get better. Rumors are rumors, we know Selena is a good actress.

5. Seleana left for a while and then came back... She dropped tvb in favour of starting/running her business so I doubt tvb will promote her at all.. They'll use her cos they are short anyways but I don't think she'll get far... Then again her business is doing good so I don't think she cares

6. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

I was like, "who?" LOL... Both Selena and Sisley aren't much to speak about in terms of star power and as far as I'm concerned, even Lawrence Ng is pretty much of a has been, IMHO. Selena was a Keh Leh Feh from way back and bad boy Lawrence burned too many bridges behind him. This "come back" phase of his career is a too little too late. Granted, he's a pretty decent actor, but I have zero respect for him as a person.

In short, HK entertainment is a mess right now.

7. ^ summed up perfectly right there as always Ralph (Y)

8. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

I did have the feeling from TVB that Selena will always be stuck between a support and a lead, even though her acting isn't that bad.

She will be always the ones that give way to the rookies like Grace Chan and Sisley for lead roles. But as H! said, she probably gets her money from her business and does her acting for TVB as a hobby.

9. yea her business was a beauty place right? shold do ok in HK considering all teh women getting treatments etc daily lol

10. hoyeah!

hoyeah! Well-Known Member

Sisley Choi is queen of NGs (outakes). She often frustrate filming crew in the past with her frequent NGs.

I don't think Selena Li really cares she not the female lead. In fact, she actually choosing not to take on leading roles so she can spend more time with her $$$ BF.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. EvilTofu

Can't expect much from a noob, but it seems like Selena is just doing her own thing and very laid back about it.

12. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

True, less work load to spend more time with BF or business. Win-win. As long as she's acting in a semi-recognizable role, don't think she cares.

Sisley is a freshing actor, but her voice can get whiny/annoying at times..

13. she does facials :shino:

14. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Given that we're now in the post Edison era, I wouldn't put anything past anyone in this business...

15. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

Selena has a youtube channel doing make up tutorials as well if I remember correctly ~

I used to get her and Natalie Tong mixed up :lol:

16. :facepalm: ... trust you to take it there....

^ at one point I did too.. until I worked out that Natalie looked prettier to me :p lol

17. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

Nah I think Selena is prettier hahaha ~ I always see Natalie as the crazy diew man chick in dramas LOL

18. :lol: the crazy ones are the pretty one Meimei :rofl:

19. Sherry

Sherry Well-Known Member

Hahahha all i remember of Sisley Choi was yelling during the whole drama (the bicycle drama) and thats it XD

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. EvilTofu

Yup, she was kinda a bit too over the top in her acting...

• Like Like x 1