Sisley Choi Shows Improvement in "Presumed Accidents", Netizens Are Impressed

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, Jun 2, 2016.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

presumed-accidents-tvb-2016.jpg

TVB’s latest suspense drama Presumed Accidents <純熟意外> is off to a great start. Headlined by veteran actor Lawrence Ng (吳啟華), the drama about investigating insurance claims premiered on Monday to 25 points, reaching 1.62 million viewers.

Presumed Accidents was met with hesitance at first. Sisley Choi (蔡思貝), who costars in the series along with Selena Li (李施嬅), Lai Lok-yi (黎諾懿), Raymond Cho (曹永廉), and Joyce Tang (滕麗名), rounded up poor critical reviews when she delivered a less-than-stellar lead performance in last year’s Young Charioteers <衝線>. In addition to Presumed Accidents being her third drama of 2016, netizens said Sisley’s exposure could be overkill.

However, many netizens were pleasantly surprised with Sisley’s performance in Presumed Accidents. After the broadcast of the first episode on Monday, quite a few netizens left some positive reviews for Sisley, noting her obvious acting improvement.

One netizen remarked positively, “Honestly, the first episode was not bad at all. I also feel that Sisley Choi’s acting has improved, and I think this drama is worth a chase. Hopefully it’ll continue to do well.”

Another netizen pointed out that Sisley has showed steady improvement after Speed of Life <鐵馬戰車> and Fashion War <潮流教主>, both which have aired this year. With three features in one year, it is very likely that Sisley would win this year’s Most Improved Female Artist award.

Creds: Oriental Daily

2. the movie roles she did really helped her acting

3. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

I haven't really started watching this yet. Although I don't like Sisley, I guess to her defense, TVB gave her really bad roles which required her to scream like a little school girl. Which in my opinion was very annoying. I guess the same can be said about Grace, her roles besides 4 girls 1 bar was fairly annoying, and I haven't really watched Blue Veins to judge her. I guess I'll watch both dramas when I have some free time and see if my criticism remains the same

4. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

i do agree that sisley improved

5. Praisingirl

Praisingirl Member

Sisley Choi is very good and cute, she has something special so I like watching her. And for sure she has improved a lot.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1