Sisley Choi Under Fire Over Discrepancy in Educational Record

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by hoyeah!, Nov 15, 2015.

1. hoyeah!

hoyeah! Well-Known Member

sisley-choi-education-scandal.jpg

Sisley Choi (蔡思貝), TVB's star and former Miss Hong Kong 2013 contestant, is currently under fire due to a discrepancy in her educational records, according to Asian Pop News.

Choi had allegedly completed her bachelor's just two months before she joined the prestigious pageant in 2013.

Choi reportedly completed a degree in Bulacan State University, located in the Philippines, according to a source. This was done via Lifelong College in Hong Kong where she enrolled in 2010.She had initially registered at a school in Germany. However, in June 2013, Choi returned to Hong Kong to compete in the Miss Hong Kong pageant and consequently did not continue her bachelor's degree in Germany.

In November 2013, Choi completed her degree of Bachelor of Business Administration. The TVB starlet received her certificate of completion a month later.

However, there are application documents that show Choi as an enrolled student in 2010 as well as programme documents confirming her enrollment in March of the same year,

This documents contradict the fact that she has unfinished courses in Germany, as Choi claimed to have stayed there shortly in 2010.

Choi has refused to provide a definite answer when asked about her educational records. The actress noted that she needed to "understand things first."

"I'll look into that," said the TVB actress in an interview after she was asked about the authenticity of her educational records, according to Coconuts Hong Kong.

Tsang Sing Ming, the TVB Director of Corporate Communications, stated in a press release that they have already reviewed the documents Choi submitted during her participation in Miss Hong Kong 2013 and clarified that there was no gap between the timeline that she completed her first year of studies in Germany and when she came back to Hong Kong after her promotion to second year.

Tsang said he will not respond to other questions about Choi's educational record.

TVB Network, Choi's employer, initially said they would arrange a meeting with Choi in order to understand the issue.

Meanwhile, the Educational Bureau is set to start an investigation into Lifelong College, the university which Choi was associated with, in response to various allegations.

Cred: Apple Daily HK / China Topix

#1 hoyeah!, Nov 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  2. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

If she did some shady things and lied about her educational records, it bad for her reputation but she's already having a decent career and I think this will pass after awhile.

But still not something good, cause people will be talking about her and bring this back up all the time about her integrity.

3. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

same, she'll catch some heat for a while but eventually every one will just forget...if true, I give it about 3 months before people stop talking about her

4. hoyeah!

hoyeah! Well-Known Member

What she did is fraudulent. It could land her in jail (up to 14 years according to HK law).

#4 hoyeah!, Nov 15, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

Just for that? Kinda a stupid law...

It's not like she's trying to be a lawyer or doctor or even some type of career that needs specific criteria. She's an actress...

#5 EvilTofu, Nov 15, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  6. moonlightshadow

moonlightshadow Well-Known Member

but thats similar to doing interviews. U make a whole load of stuff up but as long as it gets u in the door and it sounds convincing its fine.
    Life goes on once your in.

TVB cant really afford to lose more ppl lols.

7. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

seriously? 14 years? I mean, you just get fired if a company feels the need to fire you if you lied on your interview but jail time?

LOL, I mean maybe there is a need for that law, but I'm sure she won't get jail time for something that dumb as to lie where you went to school

8. is it like fake diploma/certificate :hmm:

kinda of scary what these reporters would dig upp lol :gum:

9. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

This reminds me of what happened to Tablo - Epik High when netizens accused him of faking his records - my god they were brutal - it was crazy how they twisted the truth.

But hopefully Sisley will pull through this drama regardless of its fake or not.

10. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

at least she had some type of college.... and then, there's me...

11. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

All this time I thought she was Canadian born or whatever? I don't think you can fool people. Some research and digging will uncover the truth. The sad part is that she had to lie. It would be much better if she was frank from the get go. My friend does look a lot like her. And Sisley is kind of dark. LOLZ.

12. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Not being truthful about one's educational pedigree is something that many well heeled, successful people are guilty of. But, just because they're otherwise accomplished, does not excuse their lies. Students the world over know of the intense personal commitment in being able to achieve educational success. I think most would say that lying about one's degrees is something extremely shameful. The fact that she's now attempting to springboard into a masters program because of her lies does a real disservice to the students that got there the right way.

IMHO? Expose her; shame her for her insult to all the rest of us in her shallow attempt to bypass the hard work and to undeservedly claim such educational honors.