So many dota players, 95% are noobs

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by dtk, Oct 9, 2009.

1. dtk

dtk Member

Hey ive noticed a lot of my real life friends think they're good in dota but they end up to be complete noobs.

I quit a few months ago but I used to be in Cevo Pro BUT still yet, I know where my team stand and I'd say we're only decent.

Some real friends play pubs/TDA stomp and think they're amazing, it really annoys me, anyone have the same problem?

2. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

No b/c it's a game
    Congratz on you being a pro tho

3. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

lol im a pro. what do i get?

4. gawain187

gawain187 Well-Known Member

:yes: Your get your time wasted on a game.

5. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

i'm one of those 95% and that's why i quit a long long time ago.

6. BowlOfNoodles

BowlOfNoodles Member

Lots of people are like that, but you gotta play DOTA OMG for customize heroes!

7. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

meh, maybe I had it, can't remember, haven't touch that since 2007

8. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

^ all about street fighter now huh. headbang2

9. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

I think you and your friends need to step outside

10. emit

emit Active Member

I for one understand OP, half the people posting here just doesn't acknowledge that it actually takes skill/time/effort to do well in gaming and think it's pointless, alot of stuff in life is pointless but people enjoy what they do, stop hating.

11. setshiro

setshiro Well-Known Member

lol? just don't get addicted like freak out kid on youtube and it's all good...

12. Wamphyri

Wamphyri Member

Dota is 2007!! You guyz gotta try Heroes of Newert!! Its Bloody Fun!!

13. camospartan

camospartan Well-Known Member

It's just polished dota. The movement is smoother than wc3 but then all the heroes look different and the names are also different so u will have a hard time getting used to it.

14. iris

iris Well-Known Member

I wouldn't necessarily say you'd have a hard time getting use to it. The buying system is a lot better in HoN though

15. -Tisken-

-Tisken- Well-Known Member

nope, .. but it annoys me, when ppl even show off in a forum, cuz i just hate arrogant ppl.....

you think you're pro.... soo what?

#15 -Tisken-, Oct 12, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  16. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

^ I guess you're having a bad day :wtf:
    OMG just realise HoN is exactly the same as the heroes in Dota....I found my venomancer in the hero database, its a freaking serpent now >=[

17. dtk

dtk Member

Tisken if you read my post carefully u could see that

"I used to be in Cevo Pro BUT still yet, I know where my team stand and I'd say we're only decent."

Whenever people asks me if i good in dota in real life I'd describe myself as "decent" but when i meet some people in real life they get cocky but u can tell they have no idea of the game when they go boots first on lich or saying PA is imba etc, and i'm just wondering if anyone else feels the same.

(those were just examples i made up on the spot boots on lich might work but thats not the point. Actually one real example I remember was when someone told me HUMAN is imba in the ladder game because of the flexibility of militias going "offensive" and wouldn't believe me when i told him there was a time limit: he thought himself would be around "top 100 player in canada" because no one he've met has beaten him in a lan.)

Why would I show off in a forum especially when I'm not really an active member as you can see I have like 10 posts just enough to download my series. No one will know who I am in real life, how would I be showing off? "omg dtk is pro?", forum is the worst place to show off anyways, for the same reason that people can say stupid things without having to worry.

I have to admit though, that it seems like that you're the arrogant one with that kind of angry reply.

18. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

Can someone answer DTK answer?
    For God sake!!!

It's a simple Yes/No, if no, that is all,
    If yes, and you actually want to explain, than go on..

19. -Tisken-

-Tisken- Well-Known Member

@dtk

i think ive to apologies for beeing mean at first.... ...... but the way you described it made me got the feeling you wanted to show off.
    "...think they're good in dota but they end up to be complete noobs"
    "So many dota players, 95% are noobs"

headbang2headbang2headbang2headbang2headbang2

20. heaven

heaven Well-Known Member

lol... that sounds exactly like me !! Although I only act cocky to make my friends want to beat me in the 1st place =D

Also, HoN is great! Its fun getting to play with people from different countries without noticable lag/delay