Sony update v.3.21 removes Linux Install Feature?

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by [N], Mar 28, 2010.

1. f**king balls.....

sony taking back their system..... forcefully

2. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

april fools?

3. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

nobody's sure yet, the set up definitely looks ridiculous. i hope it is because it would be pretty lame as sony firmware haven't given us any good surprises so they shouldn't even attempt humor.

4. that mic is really in my way..

5. ultim8camper

ultim8camper Well-Known Member

it really does seem like a april fools ... cause no way will they be removing so much stuff in one go .. you know what i mean ... i bet when you update your screensaver will change into "you been april fooled" or something. .......

6. well youll find out tomorrow

i mean in a few days.

#7 master_g, Mar 29, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  7. The_Jelly

The_Jelly NSFW? :P

I don't own a PS3 but I'm sure the firmware update isn't compulsory right...?

8. ^ If this update is true.... than it definitely is if you plan on ever connecting to the PSN to play people online.

9. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

so its real i guess because people have been updating already. fuck you sony, giving us a shit update before this one and now you remove features seriously fuck you.

EDIT: the terms suggest that we REFORMAT the HD if we had it installed before we update FUCK you SONY fuck you! Now i'm going to have to back up fucking 300gb of files FUCK you SONY!

#10 [N], Apr 1, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  10. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

11. well that means no point in getting the fat model now

12. they can't get rid of that support.... cause it's hardware based and you are signed outta PSN when you insert a PS2 disc anyways...

13. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

just like the partition on my HD for linux, it can be rendered useless if they cut support for it on the firmware though. But anyways that might seem like it would be ridiculous but I thought this was an april fools joke until yesterday.

14. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

i hope sony will lose money for this so they will amend for their mistakes regretfully.

15. if they really did remove the backwards compatibility, many people holding on to those NEW IN BOX 60GB PS3's on ebay will be pissed!

16. no wonder people needed 200 gig hrds n stuff

17. Dragon*D

Dragon*D Well-Known Member

I don't mind removing linux support from my ps3, I have tried all versions (Yellow dog and the other one) but find them absolutely useless for anything, just not enough support for power pc platform... it is too much hassle and the waiting time between operations are too long. It's good to just leave it as a gaming machine

18. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

^its war, great move sony now they actually motivated hackers