Steven Ma and Tavia Yeung Starring in New TVB Drama?

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, Feb 15, 2013.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

steven-ma-lunar-new-years.jpg

Steven Ma (馬浚偉) will return to TVB to star in a new drama opposite Tavia Yeung (楊怡), according to tabloid reports released today.

Steven had ended his management contract with TVB early in March 2012 due to an unsatisfying work relationship with the station. Turning his career focus to mainland China, Steven filmed dramas Legend of the Yuan Empire Founder <建元风云> and Yuan Yang Pei <鸳鸯佩> last year.

However, Steven remained in contact with Catherine Tsang (曾勵珍), who sought to have the 41-year-old return to the station this year to pull up ratings in preparation for the increased competition in the television broadcasting industry. Steven has been invited to film for Ricky Wong’s (王維基) HKTV, but remembered his roots at TVB and stated his preference to work with the station again.

Catherine reportedly increased Steven’s filming fees from $10,000 to $30,000 HKD per episode in the new 30-episode drama. Allowed free choice to select his costar, Steven allegedly chose to work with long-time friend, Tavia Yeung (楊怡). Steven’s return is speculated to give him a good chance in the TV King race, thereby sealing his decision for a TVB comeback.

Steven Becomes Principal

Recently, Steven ascended to “Principal” status after investing a 6-figure sum in his younger sister Fiona’s tutoring center. Steven attended the i.Study Learning Center’s ribbon cutting ceremony in Hong Kong earlier this week.

Working as a textbook salesman before entering the entertainment industry, Steven will once again cross paths with the educational sector. He believed that knowledge can change one’s fate, thus opening a tutoring center is a close match with his personal beliefs.

Reuniting with girlfriend, Vivian Hui, last year after a short separation in their relationship, Steven indicated that he has special plans for Valentine’s Day, but declined to reveal the details. He said he is happy in both his personal life and career track.

Steven-Ma-istudy.jpg

Creds: Ming Pao

2. FantasyMania

FantasyMania Active Member

I am still waiting for a happy ending series for Stevia. TV King and TV Queen might even be on the cards??????????????-bigclap

3. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

call me wateva yall want, but to me, they're a boring couple....

4. onni

onni Well-Known Member

yeay, that's good news to have Steven Ma returning to TVB for series. Co-starring with Tavia Yeung....great couple.