Steven Ma as Sing Yat On (On Boy)

Discussion in 'A Journey Called Life - 金石良緣' started by tien317, Apr 17, 2008.

1. tien317

tien317 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Steven Ma is collaborating with Linda again after he worked with her on her 1st series that is Virtues of HarmonyII.In this series, I like his character. Where on earth can I find a guy like him : honest, humble, cute, etc. And Steven brings out the character very well. How do u find his acting?

2. RockkxD

RockkxD Moderator

Steven Ma has potential like i said in the other thread. I really enjoying watching series that he acts in, it always make me say "Wow, i know this series will be good since Steven Ma is in it". I hope he can actually get an award for TVB 41th Anniversary Show for this year series. I believe he should deserve one.

3. tien317

tien317 Well-Known Member

Yup.I think he and Kent deserves an award from this series.Even Linda too. But I'm just afraid their chances will be swept off by series like the 80-episodes Jewel series and HOG2....sigh....

4. RockkxD

RockkxD Moderator

Yes, probably will. Talking about the new series, i can't wait until it airs. Especially Heart of Greed 2 and the 80 episodes series.

5. lovinglyxx

lovinglyxx Well-Known Member

80 episodes??? omg! i usually get so bored with those ones... i got bored with the 40/60eps ones like ''chung surn wan siu'' and ''sui yuet fung wan''..... the only long series i managed to watch were HOG and that one with dayo wong & momo je (cant rmb the name) --> lam chan lui oi?

6. lovinglyxx

oh yea back to steven ma lol, yea i like his acting- the typical good good good good guy :))))

7. RockkxD

RockkxD Moderator

Lovinglyxx, do not double post. If you got something extra to add or say, just edit your last message and type it in. Please refer to the link below for the rules applied in Popularasians.

http://www.dramasian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49

The Drive of Life was a good series but it was long. It was kinda boring but i got through it. Heart of Greed was amazing, i wish it was longer but i am glad there's going to be Heart of Greed 2. But the series with Dayo Wong and Dodo Cheng Yu Ling is called War of The Genders, which was 100 episodes.

8. liquidzyklon

liquidzyklon Well-Known Member

Steven Ma is a great actor and most series he has acted in are quite enjoyable to watch. In this series his character is a pretty straight forward simple guy and his chemistry with Kent is almost like father and son. His chemistry is Linda is also very good.

9. dreyvii

dreyvii Well-Known Member

Haha...I like Steven's old fashioned character. And the subtle shyness that he shows when he discovers his feelings for Linda.

10. Espresso Bunny

Espresso Bunny Well-Known Member

Like I said in other places as well, STEVEN MA is a character of integrity. I hope he is like that in real life, which he does seem so. He's a great asset to TVB. More so, it's great that TVB can cast guys like him.

He's always been a good actor. I enjoy watching him.

11. Xzyrus

Xzyrus Well-Known Member

Top Poster of the Month

He was great in Brink of Law too. He always gets the righteous characters and he portrays it well. He's like a younger thin Bobby Au. I like watching all the series they're in.

12. lovinglyxx

woops lol won't do that again :b

13. RockkxD

RockkxD Moderator

Not a problem, just make sure you don't do it again. People learn from their mistakes.

14. 2Face

2Face Active Member

Due to the fact that I'm not a girl, I don't drool over other TVB stars like Raymond, Kevin, etc. Of course, thats not to say they are bad actors in their own respect, I think they act quite well actually!

But Steven Ma, I think he is the whole package. EVERY role he plays brings out the entire personality of that specific character. From a goody-good to a comedian to a serious role, Steven definitely pulls off all of them with easy! I'd put him up there with my favourite all-time male TVB actors (in my time), alongside Gallon Lo and Roger Kwok.

As for On-Boy, the character is definitely a good role model... how I'd love to have a life like his with the family and friends he has, living life with "both feet on the ground" (gerk dap sut dei). :)

15. hermidude

hermidude Well-Known Member

I like steven ma too.I think he's very don to earth. Wonder how he will be with evil roles.

16. dreyvii

But don't you think On-Boy is a little 'too good'? What are the chances of meeting someone like that in real life? He's like...perfect!

17. Cheyanna

Cheyanna Well-Known Member

Exactly, little mr perfect...these characters are all make believe. only appears on tv

18. dreyvii

Whoa...Steven was so manly when he scolded Linda's stepmom during the wedding. And he looks dashing in the suit! droolz...