Super Movie Cinema Nights Edition #15 ( Azumi 2 - Death Or Love )

Discussion in 'Super Movie Cinema Nights Movie Archives' started by hadouken, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Azumi II
    [​IMG]

Azumi wasn't quite the film that a lot of people, myself included, were expecting it to be and its sequel unfortunately never shifts gears enough to outrun even its lackluster predecessor. A new director, Shusuke Kaneko, adds some new blood to the sage of the cute but deadly ninja Azumi, out to fulfill her mission of war prevention through assassination no matter what or how many obstacles are thrown into her path.

We meet up with her sometime after the events of the first film with just one remaining target. The mission is complicated by new ninja on the block Kozue's arrival (Chiaki Kuriyama from Battle Royale and Kill Bill) and a young thief looks exactly like her best friend Nachi - the one she killed in part one. As her target moves onto the offensive using the dreaded Ueno Koga clan to target the would-be assassins, Azumi finds herself unsure of who to trust and for the first time begins to question her bloody lifestyle.

There's lots of swordplay on offer as you'd expect and again an improbable array of enemies with even more improbable weapons (another monkey warrior, flying boomerang spears, poisonous wire spider webs and breast plates with the emphasis on (pierced) breasts. None of this really adds up to much though. It should spell out a riot of fun and over the top heroics, but for some reason you're left feeling disappointed.

Aya Ueto is as cute as ever, but almost constantly morose and poe faced. Chiaki Kuriyama here is never in danger of stepping away from her stereotyping as psychotic blood lust girl but she's actually the best thing in Azumi 2 despite being underused. The rest of the cast are so-so with a highlight being one character attempting to stop his cheese-wired face from falling apart, but the first film's climatic battle scenes are noticeably absent as we find this Azumi in a more pensive mood.

If you're a fan of the first then this is certainly worth a look, but it's hard to foresee a third outing for this particular caped comic book heroine based on the stumbling performance here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Review

File Format : XVID

Language : Japanese With English Sub Files

Download Below

[Hide=0]

File #1 Of 2

File #1 Of 2 Alternative Link *Reupped if the first file doesn't work for you*

Password is : www.dramasian.com

File #2 Of 2

[/Hide]

#1 hadouken, Nov 6, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  2. daochich

daochich New Member

is the download is bittorent or something else? could't see the link when my points does not reach to 15
    anyway i just hate the bt thing!

3. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

it's a direct download

4. hausome

hausome Guest

awesome! azumi 1 was pretty cool...

5. praz01

praz01 Guest

YESSS

6. steelieman

steelieman Member

This looks good!

7. Gravite

Gravite Member

God Crazy this forum owns have a lot of movie with super fast link

8. Z3120

Z3120 Member

This movie is good.

9. tenchi

tenchi Guest

this movie isn't bad 2 out of 3 :D

10. vene

vene Well-Known Member

what happend to the first file_? i need e link, please..

11. cheesusson

cheesusson Member

how come Link 1 of 2 stops at 668kb...

12. kakashi_9

kakashi_9 Member

same here part 1 of the movie stops before completetion anyone know any other ways to get part 1

13. i added another link it should work now

14. chak39

chak39 New Member

Yeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss!

15. mikeyh

mikeyh Well-Known Member

Its look great maybe I should download it too.
    Thanks

16. afek

afek Guest

After downloading the file I have error extracting.its a crc error can anyone help.Please

17. you are probably typing the password wrong

18. afek

afek Guest

no i did not type the wrong password

19. paha

paha Guest

20. is this movie any good????? any suggestions or faqs plz?