Super Movie Cinema Nights Edition #75 ( Chicken And Duck Talk )

Discussion in 'Super Movie Cinema Nights Movie Archives' started by hadouken, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Chicken And Duck Talk ( 1988 ) 鸡同鸭讲 Gai tung aap gong

[​IMG]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]One of Michael Hui Koon-man's best outings, CHICKEN AND DUCK TALK is a witty and thoroughly engaging send-up of both the fast food business and the cutthroat techniques often employed by conglomerates to crush independent competition. Hui plays a like-named everyman who runs an absolutely filthy, hole-in-the-wall restaurant. A notorious skinflint who regularly cheats his staff, he also happens to be a world class chef who makes the most exquisite Cantonese BBQ duck around. However, things are looking grim for Hui: his sarcastic mother-in-law has just arrived, one of the employees (Lowell Lo Kwun-ting) wants to steal his secret duck recipe, and multi-millionaire Danny Poon (Lawrence Ng Kai-wah) has just opened up an ultra-modern fried chicken outlet across the street. Using strict Japanese management techniques, Danny's Chicken is a force to be reckoned with and, on opening day, Poon is already planning on bankrupting Hui and demolishing his restaurant. Desperate to save his floundering business, Hui tries to modernize his approach by transforming the establishment into the world's first karaoke "B.B.Q. Duck Lounge" (!) and even introduces a homemade store mascot. However, Poon's assistant (Ku Feng) arranges for the health inspector to show up on Hui's doorstep, just after he has infested the building with rats! Facing ruin, Hui resorts to emergency measures.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[hide=0]
    [/hide]

#1 hadouken, Jul 26, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2007
  2. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

hmmm.1988..when i was born...maybe i should chek this movie out

3. ladidado

ladidado Active Member

1988 when you where born?? damn, i feel so old with this community :(

4. Gravite

Gravite Member

is this movie same as San Back Gam Bun Leung or w/e?

5. superjerome

superjerome Member

Thanks a lot.

6. no its not but same actors , good comedy :D

7. LiL dRagongrL228

LiL dRagongrL228 Active Member

thanks a lot!

8. -lol Michael Hui is hilarious! thanks another good upload!...i know for sure i havent seen this one.

9. ahhamah

ahhamah Well-Known Member

Same here.....
    I love this movie! Use to watch it so much i can sing the chicken/duck song.

10. zrl201

zrl201 Active Member

Thank you so much. I have been looking for this.

11. mega_o_mega

mega_o_mega Well-Known Member

i watched this movie a looonng time ago, it was hilarious!!

12. aussiekid

aussiekid Well-Known Member

definitely a gooooood show!!! hahaha.. duck duck .. i love watever shows michael hui is in.. haha.. hilarious comedian.. he's a freakin geniusss

13. just saw this -lol it's probably the funniest micheal hui film i ever seen....for me.

14. aussiekid

aussiekid Well-Known Member

ahaha yea.. i laughed alot in this show.. he's hilarious..
    duck vs chicken.. LOL..
    omg.. eh.. lawrence ng kai wah is soooo young in the movieee.. wow..
    i tried comparing him now n b4.. lol.. big difference in looks

15. hkm91450

hkm91450 Well-Known Member

Thanks
    I think I'll give it a try ... I've never been a big fan of older movies, but the plot seems funny.

16. ccho19

ccho19 Active Member

Thanx.... but is there BT link or anything for this?? I try to download it put it always stop half way during the download.

17. dvd

dvd Well-Known Member

thanks for this.Very funny classic movie.

18. kilomang

kilomang Member

hey wassup are there any more seeds im stuck at 98%

19. watership

watership New Member

This is one of the classics. funny in every way

20. trump3

trump3 New Member

One of my favourite comedy. Picture quality is average but it is a very good show.