Super Movie Cinema Nights Edition #77 ( Biozombie )

Discussion in 'Super Movie Cinema Nights Movie Archives' started by hadouken, Aug 6, 2006.

1. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BioZombie ( 1998 )[/FONT]

[​IMG]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Country :[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hong Kong [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Year:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1998[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Genre:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Horror / Comedy[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Format:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]VCD / DVD[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Running Time:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1H33[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Producer:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ma Joe Wai-Ho[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Director:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wilson Yip[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Cast: Frankie [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chan,[/FONT] Jordan [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chan,[/FONT] Kam-Tsing [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cheung,[/FONT] Bie [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fai,[/FONT]Suk-Yin [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lai,[/FONT] Yiu-Jeung [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lai,[/FONT] Jai-Sum [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lee,[/FONT] Tat-Wah [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lok,[/FONT]Bie [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Man,[/FONT] Ying-Ying [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tong[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Story: Two guys that run a VCD shop in a shopping mall take their boss's car to get it repaired, on their way back they run over a guy. They rush to his help and the guy whispers something about a soft drink (chemical weapon) he was carrying. They make him drink some but he dies soon after and they decide to leave the body in the trunk of the car. They return to the shopping mall and go back to work, after a while they remember they forgot the body in the car and decide to check on it. When they arrive to the car the body is gone, and soon after the mall is crawling with Zombies. They find other survivors and fight for their lives to try to get out. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

Review: This is a horror comedy, there is just as much humour in the film as their is suspense and gore. This is a fresh and young approach to movie making, a product of popular subculture. The director Wilson YIP had a very interesting approach to how this movie looked and the general feel, its unlike most films you would see. At some points its as if this would be a video game that your are watching. The story was basic but how it was put together was very nice. But its not a new concept of using chemical warfare as a pretext for zombies and the special effects were on the amateur side but that gave the certain feel for the movie, it could have been done on purpose.

The movie mainly focuses on a couple of main characters. In the beginning you have the characters each living their own lives competing with the other shops, but during the second half of the movie they all come together to try to survive. Their was a good evolution between these 2 extremes. The characters were all very unique and well played. Unlike the other movies we review this one really had a different style, its really hard to review it. With all the various elements in it you have to see it several times to really understand the deeper meanings. This movie holds a very good entertainment factor for the simple reason of the good evolution of the story, the characters and the eventual fight for survival. Basically you wont be bored while there is no action. We didn't have any trouble with the subtitles with the Mei Ah version. If you like movies that deal more with the subculture mixed in with the element of horror you'll enjoy this one. Its definitely not your average film and we think that it's the kind of movie you will like or you hate totally.
    [/FONT]

[hide=0]
    [/hide]

#1 hadouken, Aug 6, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2006
  2. Skeffington

Skeffington Active Member

This sounds like great fun, I'll check it out, thanks!

3. silverstreaks

silverstreaks Active Member

Biozombies

this film reali sucks even though my sownload speed is high.............its kinda a waste of time dnt download it haha, its 100% silly n not funny at all -nono

4. azn822

azn822 Well-Known Member

Jordan is my favorite actor and all....but u uploadin his wack movies...lol
    props for uploading it tho
    ________
    vaporizer affiliate program

#4 azn822, Aug 7, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  5. this movie was dope when i saw it way back in 98 and it still is to me when i saw it again a couple days ago, silly, entertaining and rare

6. jimbo13145354

jimbo13145354 Banned

why chinese movies just copy western movies. this is a rip off of land of the dead

7. yea arent most zombie movies a rip off of land of the dead? -shrug this movie has culture , nothing like land of the dead.

8. kkhui

kkhui Well-Known Member

hmm.. this seems kinda funny. guess i'll dl it and check it out. thx 4 posting!

9. just saw jordan on beautiful cooking yesterday ...the guy is hilarious... -lol

10. suijei

suijei Well-Known Member

*tear*..the movie was..touching Damn Jordan Chan for doing that at the END!

11. kevin

kevin RAWR!

dis film is jokes its kinda like a chinese version of dawn of the dead lol

12. W-inD

W-inD Well-Known Member

lol thanks for the great upload.. although the ending is kinda freaky o.0

13. spookz

spookz New Member

wow whats this? looks interesting

wow whats this? looks interesting

14. toutoitenshi

toutoitenshi Member

wow it looks really silly, but its not really a horror movie is it?

15. cheesusson

cheesusson Member

this movie is pretty weird, didnt like it much but thanks

16. scla_2002

scla_2002 New Member

what is the password.??

17. diddy

diddy Member

i'm downloading it. i hope it's good.

18. Paranoidandroid

Paranoidandroid Well-Known Member

Awesome. I loved this movie when it came out and I still do. Awesome comedy zombie flick, totally worth your time!

*SPOILERS*

The end just got really depressing though, with Sam Lee dying... ;_;

19. HHH

HHH Member

nice movie, i love it!