Tamagotchi (たまごっち)

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by BabyRain, Sep 29, 2007.

1. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

[​IMG]
    The Tamagotchi (たまごっち) is a handheld digital pet created in 1996 by Aki Maita and sold by Bandai. The Tamagotchi is housed in a small and simple egg-shaped computer. Three buttons (A, B, and C) allow the user to select and perform an activity, including:

Feeding the Tamagotchi a piece of food or a snack.
    Playing a game with the Tamagotchi.
    Cleaning up a Tamagotchi's waste.
    Checking its age, discipline, hunger, weight, and happiness levels.
    Connecting to the computer
    Connecting with other Tamagotchi

[credits wikipedia]

This game was such a craze... I couldn't believe how addicted I was to it myself... Even while I sat for my major exams, I brought the Tamagotchi along with me! And I cleaned up its poo and fed it while answering the exam questions... I am not lying! haha. I brought it everywhere with me, even to sleep... Taking care of this pet is even more stressful than taking care of a real life baby... The best part of it? watching your pet grow into some beautiful creature... The saddest part was when it died... I felt so sad that I didn't wanna play it anymore.

Have you played this game before and how attached were you to your Tamagotchi?

2. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

lol i had it in a watch or something, and oh yes a star wars r2-d2 one hahaha, old times indeed.... Not exactly a tamagotchi though i think but same function. Before video games there were handhelds lol...

3. juds

juds New Member

Haha. Tamagotchi. I can't believe myself either. Last year, I actually bought a new one just cus I saw these kids playing with it and I really wanted to get one to relive those childhood memories. Haha. I bought one at Walgreens for SIXTEEN DOLLARS! T_T But now, it's out of battery cus I got bored of it. Haha.

4. tree

tree Well-Known Member

loL! i remember these things! still have them at home.. they came out with different versions too right? the angel/dog/cat ones... Haha.. i even have those duper cheap fake 'look-alike's (of course the original was much nicer to play =P) but i got bored of them very quickly.... =\

hehh.. but they were really fun during the period when i was so into it =D

5. ProjectD

ProjectD VIP yay :]

man, tamagotchi the good old days when i still had mine, it was pretty cool at first when all the kids have it, now its some random keychain you have lol

6. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

lol had this back in the days... still around somewhere in my house

7. heaven

heaven Well-Known Member

lol.. I remmeber these frm back in high school!! They were abit anoying tho (coz almost everyone had one and their tamagochi's would keep on beeping for wateva reason) xD. I cant remember if I got one myself tho... Hrmmz *thinkz*..lol , maybe what i had was digimon, coz i remmeber connecting the thingies and then battling haha

8. dragong87

dragong87 Well-Known Member

yeah i had one!! it was a whale..lol
    and i tihnk those other ones came out and my brother played with them heaps.. digimon? they could battlel!!
    lol

9. tenshi_dew

tenshi_dew Member

at my school right now, everyone's starting to get one...even though we're all 15 years old. i got one recently and it's quite addictive feeding it and cleaning after it's poop.

10. goo wak jai

goo wak jai Well-Known Member

Lol i remember these! like everyone had them at a certain time.

11. dragong87

dragong87 Well-Known Member

it was a craze.. don't believe it's stil goin tho... so long!!!

12. ah_wong201

ah_wong201 Well-Known Member

i remember these back in the days. never had one myself but played with friends ones. i myself thought it was kinda dumb to have one.

13. awwww... this brings me back to high school...

14. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

good old days when you see all the teens in HK having one of these beeping all around the street....wow

15. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

damn..old skool..neva had one though..

16. AbZoNyX

AbZoNyX Well-Known Member

I never understood why people had fun with it, I was always watching them like play with it and I never saw any fun in it.

17. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

i had this when i was little...lol...i had 2dinosaurs and one chick...thinkin of getting another soon tho...=p

18. Teardrops@

Teardrops@ Active Member

Lol i gave mine to my cousins =(...Thinking about it..I want mine back XD i remember all 3 of mine on a keychain and playing with them all XD old times..sighh

19. tomatoman

tomatoman Well-Known Member

I caught up with the craze during the heydays.......Not on the tamagochi...but the latter version of it...the digimon....where u can fight others......Man...i rememeber saving all my allowances and spending a fortune on that...I bought 6 of those i think....Crap....how i wish i can get back the money i spent then.....T,T

20. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

Hahahah, Tamagotchi...yeah I got it...but it was my little sis' present to me (asking mum to buy it for me) as she wanted me to join her. Played it for a few days till the Tamagotchi was fully grown and I lost interest quite quickly. (My sis also got me the Furby -black one- but I never played with it.)

I now wonder where I've put my Tamagotchi's (yes, plural) and that Furby that wouldn't kept it's mouth shut which freaked me out in the middle of the night lol. -lol