The ending

Discussion in 'Rosy Business - 巾幗梟雄' started by animeworld, May 29, 2009.

1. animeworld

animeworld Active Member

So what do you guys think of the ending? Does it seem like a perfect ending like what Sheren Tang said?

2. kapkaplui

kapkaplui Well-Known Member

Good but again with the main cast dead. TVB enuff alreadi lar. No more ok. Laughing died. Now Chai Gow also died.

Hey anyone knows who's da kid while the two take pix? So fast Sei Lai Lai come out with a child?

3. animeworld

animeworld Active Member

i dont think it's their kid...maybe it is just a random kid that they wanted to take a pic with. i doubt chai gow can have sex while hes coughing that hard

4. kelvintjai

kelvintjai Member

that little child was the little begger in that scene before "the picture scene" ( Four Naai Naai gave him money)

But the ending was good. I think there will Be an sequel but than in Modern style.

Wayne Lai has great acting skills PROPPZZ

5. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

good things happen to good people..even tho chai 9 died..he did so much and died happily and honoured

6. Magnificent614

I think this is a good ending. I like this alot better than other tvb series' ending. At least it gave me a wrapped up feeling.

7. ray89

ray89 Well-Known Member

yea, i think this was one of tvb's better endings. it wasnt rushed nor was there anything left behind that leave us hanging there

8. Xzyrus

Xzyrus Well-Known Member

Top Poster of the Month

Yea the pic with the kid was quite random even if the kid reminds Chai Gow of himself. There'd be so many homeless kids!

A modern sequel is quite likely since they slaughtered half the cast lol so this time period one is not possible. Just hope it's not as epic fail as WOIL II compare to the first.

9. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

if they make a sequel and have it become modern it could be a very hit success with similar character development formulas.

good character development + dramatic showdowns = good series.

10. RockkxD

RockkxD Moderator

I love the ending, in fact, I believe Chai Gow had to die to actually make the ending incredibly able to watch. But I hope they achieved the 50+ points to beat Jewel In the Palace series or whatever it is.

11. hoi_lee

hoi_lee Well-Known Member

awesome ending! it was so touching, even tho chai gou died. ><

12. gillian

gillian Well-Known Member

the ending was awesome...chai gaw death was so sad...i think they should just end it the way it is...no sequel.

13. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

i've enjoyed watching wayne lai's acting since journey to the west and always wondered when he would get a good role to show his skills, finally got his chance :D

anyways i really liked the ending, i think overall it was the great cast that made this a hit (aka no shitty new actors/actresses that have no talent but looks).

14. i thought the ending was really good... and Wayne Lai's character had to die... otherwise it's gonna b really hard to come up with a good ending coz he likes Sheren and she's a widow...

15. jdm_s2k

jdm_s2k Well-Known Member

chai gow is now dead...that means a diff story in part 2 at least....

16. more than half of the leading roles are dead... they'll have to think of a different story anyway

17. AARONBOEYKHG

AARONBOEYKHG Well-Known Member

why Pang hung didnt die?

18. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

No, that was not their kid. If you remember from the beginning of the story, Chai Gow himself was a penniless orphan starving on the streets that was adopted by the kindly old woman of his village. He picked up the street beggar child and promised to raise him to adulthood as a way of giving back.

But the mechanics of the ending was really a stretch; Chai Gow supposedly contracts Tuberculosis, not Ebola. His onset of symptoms is to severe and too rapid. You would think that he had it for months already. Further, if TB was caught so easily, half of China would have never lived past the age of twenty.

Talk about artistic license... :whistling:

#18 ralphrepo, May 30, 2009
    Last edited: May 30, 2009
  19. occ

occ Well-Known Member

yeah they stop talking about him after the Rice warehouse burn down by Bitman, they should have put Pang Hung in the fire warehouse with Bitman, Feel sorry for that old guy shang pac suc.

20. Thisdamngood

Thisdamngood Well-Known Member

^old guy shang pac suc is too narrow minded. He only cared about helping Bitman to become the head of the rice business while looking past the other stuff.

Anyway, it is a pretty good ending to me. Great ending shouldn't always be happy ending. In Chai 9's case, the Good always died young.