The funky stuff you're missing in Mirror Edge

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by Flames, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

2. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

wonder if its on the consoles (the effects)..played the demo looks pretty good although its not very fun either.

3. BigC

BigC Well-Known Member

Is this game worth playing???

4. p3ps1c0la

p3ps1c0la Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about picking up a game or two and this one's on the list. Dunnoe if it's worth it though.. The style of game play looks interesting but the story line isn't. Graphics looks about 6.5 out of 10.

5. runni66arun

runni66arun Member

this game looks really good, but it would be alot better if there is more action

6. not my type of game......

7. shadowsoul

shadowsoul Well-Known Member

didn't like the demo
    guess its not my type of game

8. gawain187

gawain187 Well-Known Member

It will be boring after a few stages. The stuff you do is really repetitive.

I played the demo on ps3 and got a bit of a headache after playing, lol

9. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

bought this game cheapp at tesco's....:kekekegay:

played the training and the bit when ya have to kick off the wall wuhahahaha.....so cannot do that....-lol

10. k9chan

k9chan Member

the games to repetitive and didn't get a score from reviews due to it

11. darkstryker

darkstryker Member

Is this game any good??? i seems like a game where you jump around and running away

12. looks a little pwetty

13. njthaman

njthaman Property of C Mui

i got it on ps3 and thought the game was really good... really cool and fun to play... though a little repetitive and frustrating at times...

the main gameplay is getting from A to B using free-running (jumping around, swinging off things, climbing etc etc) but also there's combat situations both hand-to-hand combat and with guns, close range and sniping =D

and i found that the first-person view took a little while to get used to... and took me a few levels before i realised i could take off for jumps a lot later than i thought (with my feet not being as far forward as i was thinking)... and sometimes you're not sure what your character is actually doing but after a while you get used to it and just know lol...

after the story mode, there's also time trial and speed runs modes where you can go over the levels and race against the clock... and during the story mode you can also collect trophys (for not getting killed / not using guns etc) and theres 3 hidden packages you can collect every level (bit like GTA)...

sometimes i got a little stuck when i would be lost or not know how to get to the next platform... but theres lil tricks you can do like jumping off the wall to get more height that kinda thing... and get frustrated sometimes when spend ages trying to get up onto a plaform but then the next bit along fall off again =S

overall, i found the game really enjoyable and fun to play, little frustrating at times but really satisfying when you finally get through it... definitely recommend it!

14. p3ps1c0la

p3ps1c0la Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying the game so far and the visual quality is great esp' with physx enabled.