The Hardest words to pronounce in English

Discussion in 'The Rant Section' started by gawain187, May 15, 2009.

1. gawain187

gawain187 Well-Known Member

I find it hard to pronounce the following words

Shoes/choose - they both sound so similar

Particularly

specifically

Necessarily

I always seem to add "rarely" to the end of those.

What are your hardest words?

2. specifically is one word i always have trouble pronouncing there are others just can't think of them off the top of my head

3. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

4. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

Easy...;)

Try this one: Pietrisycamollaviadelrechiotemexity

5. gawain187

To be honest I find those long words really ridiculous. I doubt it will be used, unless in special circumstances

6. EvilTofu

It's true, there are tons of words that have the same meaning but hard to spell and pronounce. Why did they need to do it, just to screw with us.>.<

If english isn't your first language than certain pronouncations might be difficult.

7. intraland

intraland Well-Known Member

english not your first language?

It sorta is for me. However I still find that I have trouble during conversation to make logical sentences. I usually switch words around.

8. gawain187

But English is my first language and I still have difficulty's with pronunciations. I just feel ashamed not being able to pronounce them.

I do wonder who thought up of these words in the first place. They are such a nutter

9. BigM

BigM Well-Known Member

I always have trouble saying subtle. lol. I know what it is,but somehow my brain says it wrong before I can say it correctly,

10. gawain187

Must be a habit them

11. -steffi-

-steffi- Well-Known Member

hmmmm i find the word millenium hard to pronounce...i always end up saying mullnellyum...or something like that ~~

12. gawain187

Yes, that word can be a problem, especially if pronouncing it fast

13. KT

KT H E L L O K T ♥

lol I used to not be able to pronounce 'feminine' 'cinnamon' 'synonym' haha I can pronounce feminine fine now but cinnamon and synonym I still get mixed up sometimes.

14. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

when i try say criticism..my tongue gets tied lol..

15. hobogloves99

hobogloves99 Well-Known Member

decision. i can't say it fast otherwise it sounds really weird, end up saying the c part with an s.

16. Lol its because you can speak another language, different language makes different use of the tongue so its hard to pronounce some words in English because your tongue isnt used to it.

17. khmkan

khmkan Active Member

One that troubles me is seizure and caesar. I'm get paranoid when I have to order something like a caesar salad =S
    But I end up saying it correctly so it's all good.

18. wen my bro was younger he called a [​IMG] a zup (pronounced 'zoop'), me and till lady was laughing at him. dude thought the '7' was a 'Z'

19. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

pronouce zuup

20. EvilTofu

Some words are so similar that you can mix them up, while other words make you tongue tied.

If you got to HS or College, take a speech class, it may improve your speech and pronouncations.