The Video Game Review and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by [N], Apr 20, 2008.

1. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

Alright decided to create this one even though i don't have the next-gen system. But review and discuss any game (don't matter when it was released) you want and please Don't Post Spoilers.

The scale for this is 0= "Don't Play This Game" 10="Perfection" You can use decimals in between.

anyways lets start:

Jade Empire

There was a lot of hype going over this game when it was announced because of one reason: BioWare. They are the makers of one of the best RPG games ever, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. And i gotta agree that was one of the best RPGs ever. I bought the limited edition right away and found out that this game didn't meet my expectations. Graphically and artistically it was a hot game. The storyline was okay but it wasn't as shocking as KOTOR. I liked the voice acting here too, and they actually created an Asian Language for this game which is pretty damn crazy. But the thing that i didn't like the most was the gameplay. It was way to simple and also there were barely any item usage in this game which made it easier and less time consuming to try and equip things and such and also there wasn't a record of what level you are. I like the RPGs where they try to keep records of your accomplishments instead of just over simplistic statistics and all you are trying to do is reach one main objective: complete the game. Also the main character was kind of lame because the customization options were severely limited. Like how they looked and such, the clothing/armor you collect don't change their appearances. Also the dark side/light side system was quite useless in here i guess. The outcomes weren't quite as rewarding compared to KOTOR, like if you were the dark side in that game, you would truly do some evil things in there. But in Jade Empire, it really doesn't make too much of a difference. Overall this wasn't a bad game but it was way too easy and linear. Also it does not really feel like an RPG because the customization/leveling system is just soo streamlined. However, it redeems itself by doing a pretty good job at representing the Chinese Martial Arts genre of video games. The feel of the environment, the cutscenes and also the music. It's just very unique to see the productions of a chinese themed game done this good, so i give positive points for that accomplishment.

I give this game a 7/10

2. nice thread.. god damn.. Jade Empire was like the main game I wanted to play for xbox... oh damn... now that I think about it.. theres a PC version isn't there!? is there? It seemed coo at the time it was released.. only thing was the rpg reading hahah..

3. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

Oh yea and you guys don't have to follow my scale for the review.

You can rate the graphics, re-playability, presentation, gameplay and such seperately and put an overall if you want.

4. pwhahaha.. I found this when searching Jade Empire..

[youtube]AkOoU6d0_Ko[/youtube]

might have to check it out for pc...

5. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

^lol yes that is possible, up to three way hahha....but i only played the guy character lol.

6. what would you say average time to complete a story is? oh and might wanna break it up into paragraphs next time.. ;)

7. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

i'll say 20 hours or more your first time through. Lol a review is already complicated enough, too lazy to be conscious of how the writing turns out haha. But damn waiting for some reviews on GTA IV, Metal Gear Solid 4 and such lol.

8. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

jade empire is money, but no replay value whatsoever