The Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'Hollywood Entertainment' started by shinobi, Oct 14, 2012.

1. [video=youtube;jzR9EXaDtCs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzR9EXaDtCs&list=PLC7EC9FB2E211A261&index=2&feature=plpp_video[/video]

it's back.

2. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

am excites

3. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

yup yup yup

4. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

Do we HAVE to use spoiler tags this time around? I think it's safe to assume that whenever you come into this thread for the remainder of the season you should be aware of the consequences. I'll use them for now though...

Decent first episode. Didn't expect Hershel to get bit at the end and I actually thought the prison might have been empty. Adnrea's story line also seems interesting. I've been hearing people talk about how her character is so much better in the comics than the show. Maybe this season will be the time to change my opinion of her.

Also I hope there isn't gonna be some weird thing with Carl and Beth...

5. asiankidremix

asiankidremix Well-Known Member

Miss out on the premier of season 3 yesterday night. Also season 4 has been confirm for next october on amc.

6. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Given that the dead are like, well... undead; one would think that anyone would become a tad more circumspect as they walked next to any 'dead' body. I mean, I certainly would. Further...

...I don't know why they had to shoot it out with the walkers. Given that walkers are attracted to noise, they simply could have just called the walkers over and then pop up in the head with a stick through the fence. They wasted a tremendous amount of ammunition for no real reason IMHO.

7. EvilTofu

They just had to rush into the prison, now the old guy might die or turn...

I would agree with you ralph, I was think the same, why waste all that ammo and make so much noise. They were just doing fine sticking it into them behind the fence. They were just taking a lot of unnecessary risks. Guess they had to make the show more interesting.

8. i hate the old farm dude glad he will be gone first :D
    the walkers have armor this season :O

9. EvilTofu

True that, that old guy just gets in the way...

That armor protects the living as well, some can't bite cause of the headgear.

10. ralphrepo

Well, according to the comic series...

...an amputation like what Rick did to Herschel was done, and the character lived. So I'm thinking that the "old farm dude" may stick around for a while if the TV series follows that plot line.

11. kevin

kevin RAWR!

Yeah that is true and the only way to take them down without alerting other walkers is to lift their helmet up and stab them on the throat.

Oh damn, that will be interesting then. Walkers can sense blood, so...

12. ralphrepo

Another thing I found potentially interesting is the Riot Shield that TDog found; if they find enough of them (and with a prison full of riot gear, it may be entirely possible) they could possibly learn to travel through walker infested areas using
    Roman Army Battle Formations

[​IMG]

#12 ralphrepo, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  13. kevin

kevin RAWR!

ep2
    Was so intense! So glad Rick didn't get killed, that stupid prisoner trying to get him killed! Rick done a fantastic job and I totally felt his anger! Man I thought Hershel would be a goner when he got up and his eyes changed colour.

I was thinking that crazy prisoner was the one that was going to maim Rick's arm (if I remember, you said that was in the comics). I can't remember but Hershel was meant to die in S2 right?

14. ralphrepo

...IIRC, the "Governor" was the one that maimed Ricks arm, chopping it off just to prove a point. I think that the television series is going have to deviate a bit from the print series. Again, the time constraints are going to mean that many of the comic stories will have to be compressed into only short snippets within episodes. As it is, there are over 100 individual comic stories that span a time frame of something less than two years. In the comic (issue #048), Hershel is executed by the Governor during his assault to take over the prison. Lori and the baby are also killed in that story. Rick and the remaining survivors are driven out.

15. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

i used to hate rick because of his goody good character.... But now, since he's in the darkside now, i started to like him more and more..

16. Rick aint taking any shit this season he boss thats what he need to be to keep this group alive

17. robsh

robsh Well-Known Member

this season started quite good, lotsa actions and blood
    there should be more weapons and ammo and an armored vehicle

18. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

if you hate herschel, we can't be friends anymore... herschel's right up there on my list of favorite characters. i got a soft spot for these old guys and after dale, herschel's all i got left!

19. ralphrepo

I think all the characters, young and old alike, have undergone evolutions; whether Rick or Hershel. Even Carl seems to be totally different. The only one who I can say isn't any different is TDog; maybe that's a function of the so little screen and dialog time he's getting, that there's so little room to allow his character to expand. Another character that I think may wind up with some significance is Hershel's other daughter, the cute blond that Carl apparently has the hots for. At any rate, I too, was stunned that they axed Dale so quickly as I thought him to be the moral anchor of the group. Maybe they did that to allow Rick to turn more to the dark side? Who knows? But it was definitely a shocking development to say the least, as the "real" Dale in the comic series survived a lot longer than the TV version's. At any rate, I hope this to be an exciting season, and from everything I've seen thus far, they should have several more great seasons.

BTW, the mention earlier of an armored vehicle; IMHO the best walker defense transportation for a group the size of Rick's is to have a modified school bus; lots of room, can be easily modded, while fairly decent of fuel consumption (compared to other large industrial sized vehicles).

Example of Modded Schoolbus:

[video=youtube;ux8tjZnEfR0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux8tjZnEfR0[/video]

...and for the Ritzy two story model:

[video=youtube;GX2mWi3CG2o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX2mWi3CG2o&feature=related[/video]

#19 ralphrepo, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  20. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

ralph would be my rick in the event of a zombie apocalypse. ralphtatorship doesn't have as nice a ring to it, but i'd gladly defer.