The White Guy (Gwai Lo)

Discussion in 'Life Art - 寫意人生' started by shinobi, Mar 25, 2007.

1. LOL. this guy always plays a boss or a police head...now he's actually apart of the supporting cast... i think he looks out of placed he looks way too old for the role -lol what do you guys think.

2. Core

Core New Member

Awesome!

3. ladyinred

ladyinred Member

it´s reallt funny to watch gwai lo play in tvb series..it sounds so funny when they talk..has a funny dialect..but he can never play a lead part that´s for sure..he even has adopted a chinese name..LOL

4. JYJLrock

JYJLrock Well-Known Member

Yeh... I haven't yet adapted to him portraying that kinda role..

5. whoaitselaine

whoaitselaine Well-Known Member

isn't his name william? lol

6. tvbcheese

tvbcheese Sushi VIP!

his name is william robinson i think. he is british i believe. i like his acting. its good to see other people learn and speak chinese. he can speak especially well!!! i like his acting in this series. it is funny.

7. silence

silence Well-Known Member

Are you serious that is his actual nickname? xD

My friends and I have called him gwai lo for years (and Hon Kwun Ting gwai mui). Its sad I can't take him seriously cause he always plays the same cliched roles. What can I say, Im shallow. -blush

8. Kachi_no_Kemuri

Kachi_no_Kemuri Well-Known Member

that gwai lo is always there. I just find it funny that his cantonese is so "stiff" :) hahahahaha.

He's a classic i tell you but non the less i like his acting :)

9. yayitzmonica

yayitzmonica Well-Known Member

LoL, yeah. So somebody besides me DID notice that he always either plays a police head or a boss or something of high position. So stereotypical that TVB always puts him for high positions xD I guess his acting is okay, but when I first saw him on TVB, what surprised me was his chinese-speaking. Although it isn't as good as a regular person from China, the words were pronounced pretty well for a gwai lo. ^.^

10. jonjonk

jonjonk Well-Known Member

funny if they start showing up in condor series and the likes lol

11. stawbewii

stawbewii Well-Known Member

hmm..it's good to see non-chinese acting, i also luv watching kew bo bo (the Indian from Minutes to Fame) and he acts in Welcome to the House.

12. turbogor

turbogor Well-Known Member

the Gwai Lo rocks!

YA!~ V ( ^ _ ^ ) V

13. fatboi2007

fatboi2007 Active Member

i think that the white guy should still with being the boss of a company or being a head of the police force. he doesnt look right being a normal person.

14. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Think he's been with TVB for really really long. I think he's paid his dues.

15. cardummy

cardummy Member

The Gwai Lo!! haha anyway he's been workin for TVB for quite some time and i didnt think he would play a supporting role in this series lol. his acting is good and so is his canto!

16. Thisdamngood

Thisdamngood Well-Known Member

He's cool with me. He speaks cantonese better than I do.

17. goo wak jai

goo wak jai Well-Known Member

Lol i agree with u... i don't think he's that suited for the role he was in, he's more like a boss type, rich ppl etc.

18. xoxo.bubbles

xoxo.bubbles Member

he came from australia...

19. myname

myname Well-Known Member

Is there a photo of this westerner... coz I'm not too sure if everyone is talking about the same "gwai lo"... as there's more than one in TVB!

A photo will be good -^_^

20. hamboy

hamboy Member

yeah well... he can speak chinese hahah i love that guy... he's funny and outta place hahah