time travel

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by DanK, May 6, 2005.

1. DanK

DanK Well-Known Member

not sure if this belongs here but,
    is time travel possible?

2. Akademik

Akademik Well-Known Member

wow.. thats a crazy. But im not sure.. I remember one program saying how in order to travel into time, you would have to travel at the Speed of light!!!

imagine the posibilities that could happen

3. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

man..what a question..i'm sure we'll be able to answer u...or even grasp such a discussion as the amt of knowledge we'd have to acquire on the subject....

4. pink

pink Guest

i know the answer NO

5. Knoctur_nal

wow..we got ourselves a big time science person here.....hmph....

6. DanK

DanK Well-Known Member

so yea from the info i know..(it might be a bit off, its been a while since ive learned this) einstein basically proved that it is possible, but like you said you have to travel at the speed of light. if possible, it would probably take place in space, and a ship would have to constantly accelerate for so many years to reach the speed of light (300,000km/s). problem is, if we can get a ship to accelerate at 2G, it would have to been constantly going at that force for many years(forgot number). thats a lot of fuel. and thats pretty far. so it would sort of be a one way trip. but another factor we need to look at if we were to send a human through time, is the average person can only handle 2Gs for 10-15 mins, before they pass out. or was it some other health limit. so yea.. thats how it would be done. with current tech.

7. what, time travel is so possible, havent you ever watched the documentary Back to the Future? All you need is a delorean

8. Knoctur_nal

or like bill and teds bogus journey.....even horizon was a cool movie..black holes fascinate me..

9. pink

pink Guest

ohhwww are you all so stupid ????????... zucht ........

10. redforest

redforest Well-Known Member

i read about time travel on 'newton' magazine... saying that to time travel... a gigantic time machine will have to be built.... can't remember isit as big as a galaxy or ...galaxies. it says with our current technologies it's impossible for us, but maybe alien had made it o_O. uh one more thing... even if u built a time machine... u can't travel back to the time before the time machine was built, only after. i don't really understand the concept lol but yeah that's what it says.

11. Knoctur_nal

so much anger there pink....we may not be able to answer the question...but it makes for good discussion...so are we all stupid....good question..are u?....zucht......desire???

12. DanK

DanK Well-Known Member

yea the theory is, you would travel at soo fast that the world around you would speed up. so to my understanding you can only travel forward

13. what about if you could travel so fast around the earth that you could make the earth revolve in the opposite direction like in superman?

14. DanK

DanK Well-Known Member

well no doubt about that working. i mean.. its superman. there's nothing he cant do. unlike batman.

15. yeah batman is just some rich pervert dressed up in a halloween costume.

16. Knoctur_nal

what.....bad moutin batman....man...for an old guy with no superpowers....he did accomplish alot...

17. pink

pink Guest

.......................................................................im not talking to you knoc..... :mad:

18. Knoctur_nal

oooo..an angry face.....

19. batman just gives a bad name for superheroes becasue he basically bouhgt his way into it. he had the mansion, and he made a fancy little bat cave, and he had the butler, then he bought all this other cool bat stuff. I would be willing to bet that he even used his money to create the villains just so he would have something to do.

20. DanK

DanK Well-Known Member

ahha!! not a big fan of batman eh? i mean. batman is like superman, but he is still pretty cool. worlds greatest detective has to be worth something. and pink if you're talking about me..

that last part of the quote made no sense to me but im going to leave it in anyways