Tomb Raider

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by [N], Jun 1, 2012.

1. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

[video=youtube;N3HfmcDRbn8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3HfmcDRbn8[/video]

Looks amazing...should be rated M.

2. Hartia

Hartia Well-Known Member

Yeah, i saw this, and while uc isnt a yearly release, this will be it

3. Hartia

Hartia Well-Known Member

Camilla looks extremely hot

[video=youtube;v6p1IEQqwZM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6p1IEQqwZM[/video]

4. Lol the reporter wants some of that hot Camilla booty. Hottest Lara Croft to date.

5. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

she's aiight...never a fan of TR...but ill give this one a try....seems pretty good....

6. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Been watching a few of the walkthroughs to get a sense of this game and it seems to be really good; so good in fact, that I'm hooked. I found myself cursing at the walkthrough because the game player wasn't doing the things that I wanted. So I guess I'm going to wind up getting this, LOL... Awesome graphics.

7. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

[video=youtube;xCe8-1dbXZc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCe8-1dbXZc[/video]

8. lmao.. what a Ch-aotic game we're playing.. damn I really want to pick this up.. but waiting to play God of War!! shit I have ton of backlog games..

9. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

give me all your tf2 item guise

10. ralphrepo

LOL, funny video. On another note, Conan has got a really huge varicose vein on his face... :wtf:

11. Hartia

Hartia Well-Known Member

The story start good, then dies 60 mins in...but after 2 hrs it picks up once she finds the secret to the island and its really nice from there on.

The MP....worst thing I've played all year

12. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Downloaded it ! lol

It's kinda fun. Not sure if I would've bought this. I don't replay a lot of SP games.

13. ralphrepo

Just got the thing and played for a few hours; damn, but I hate those console controllers. They're either too slow or counter intuitive to really let a casual player get the most of the game. I kept getting eaten by the wolves and they're relatively simple, LOL...

14. Hartia

Hartia Well-Known Member

Those QTE on a keyboard doesnt fair any better, if not worse.

15. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Keyboard/mouse control is alright. But my own keyboard's clicking kills the mood sometimes haha

16. ralphrepo

Damn it... I'm stuck. Currently in "Going Back In" part of the game, where Lara goes to rescue Samantha; the part after she intruded upon the Samurai Storm Guard ceremony procession and got dumped back outside, crosses a collapsing bridge; she's now stuck on their side of the bridge landing and they're zerg rushing out of their fortress to get Lara. Even at the 'easy' level, I'm getting the sword through the neck in less than 30 secs.

[video=youtube;1rk_oWk4hwo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rk_oWk4hwo[/video]

The part I'm stuck at begins at 44.15

My son saw that I started a new game and asked if I had completed the game. I told him that I couldn't get past that one section and he asked to take a look at my saved game file; of course, he then uses the moment to show up his old man on the one try. Needless to say, I'm really feeling old, LOL...

#16 ralphrepo, Mar 14, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  17. Hartia

Hartia Well-Known Member

all i can say.....headshots. shotgun is useless in the game, just rifle and pistol. I played on hard, 4-5 pistol shots should kill them.

18. ralphrepo

For me the best overall weapon is the Bow; it seems to level up nicely, can silent kill with a single head shot (at least until the very end, where you need several head shots on one target to put him down); never needs to reload, doubles as a rope casting accessory, can eventually get flame shots and near the end, explosive shots; one can also reclaim ammo. The only drawback is when you step into a trap and you're hanging upside down; then one can only use the pistol, LOL... That said, the shotgun is needed in a lot of the barrier busting if nothing else. But I found it can be used for good effect with close quarter combat, when they're too close and I only had one shot; a double 'aught blast to the face usually did the trick.

BTW, regarding the storyline and ending; doesn't the whole thing reek of an unspoken lesbian relationship between Lara and Sam? LOL...

Oh, and another thing, I noticed that in many of the 'scramble' tactics (where Lara needs to run away from an enemy) seen on YouTube, many of the walkthroughs make the same mistake that I do, that is, while scrambling away, they fail to reload their weapon whilst they have the time; then when they finish running and can finally take an aimed shot, their weapons are empty. In the time that it takes them to reload, their shot opportunity had passed and the boss is attacking again. I noticed something else also, that many also don't use Lara's best ammo in the finale. I mean, she now has grenades and explosive arrows; but I don't recall seeing those weapon types being used as much. I wonder why that is?

ADDENDUM: Finally! Beat the game. Good game but man, what a let down afterwards. I wish there were more bad guys that Lara Croft can go up against without having to win the game (ie defeat the Mathias and Sun Queen); maybe a sort of Lara Croft mods Medal of Honor game, LOL... The good thing about it is, that if you don't want to end the game, you can still wander the game world afterwards to finish remaining quests. There will be some bad guy stragglers but none of the really strong level bosses or zerg rush type free for alls (see pic below). At any rate, it was nice while it lasted. I sincerely hope they write a sequel for this.

[​IMG]
    Oni warriors rush forth from their stronghold to confront Lara Croft.

#18 ralphrepo, Mar 15, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2013