Tthis is no where close to stephen chow's (movie) version

Discussion in 'In the Eye of the Beholder - 秋香怒點唐伯虎' started by mbnz230, Mar 19, 2010.

1. mbnz230

mbnz230 Well-Known Member

this is not a very funny series compare to the stephen chow's tong buk fu movie. The movie was hilarious, i watched it many times over. I like the storyline of tong buk fu. Moses seems like reading his lines out at times and not acting them out. his facial expressions are lacking. the same goes for the king as well. his acting is stiff also.

2. silentjess

silentjess Well-Known Member

only the starting episodes are slightly similar. after the 'select the bride' part it change liao. cos this Tong Bak Fu doesn't know kungfu.

and its starting to get boring for me. especially the 'horrific' murder of the assassins.

3. mbnz230

mbnz230 Well-Known Member

there seems to be no memorable funny moments in this series yet. they kinda ruin the sinking boat ride and singing in the temple scene. which was very funny in the movie. the similarity to the movie was just in the first few episodes. this series is not getting any better. maybe i had high hopes for it being very funny.

4. Eriic

Eriic Member

agreed steven chows movie version is so much more hilarious but thats expected lol

5. willi3

willi3 Active Member

tong bak fu really didnt know kung fu. If he does fight in, it'll ruin the integrity of tong bak fu. not to mention its funnier if he just chill and watch aside.

#5 willi3, Apr 20, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  6. Toilet

Toilet Well-Known Member

I haven't seen it but i'm sure it's nowhere near Stephen Chow's version or the Nick Cheung version because it has better actors for the characters!