TVB Director Aggressively Knocked Jenny Lau's Head at a Door

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, Sep 9, 2012.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

jenny-lau-assaulted.jpg

The director of TVB drama, Heart Road GPS <心路GPS>, Cheung Wing Ho (張永豪), is currently under fire for his maltreatment of a cast member. After supporting actress, Jenny Lau (劉蔚萱), had numerous outtakes, Director Cheung flew into a fit of rage, even forcibly knocking her head against a door. Two video clips of the incident have been uploaded online.

Cheung Wing Ho’s fiery temper and coarse treatment of actors are well known. Scolding Charmaine Sheh (佘詩曼) with profanities when she was a newcomer, Cheung had also treated Yoyo Mung (蒙嘉慧) roughly as well. Since Cheung Wing Ho is a relative of TVB executive, Catherine Tsang (曾勵珍), his rough behavior has been overlooked. He was even promoted from Assistant Director to Director in recent years. Cheung has worked with top producers and directed A Great Way to Care <仁心解碼> and Love Exceeds the Coastline <情越海岸線>.

Cheung Wing Ho Knocks Jenny’s Head Roughly

Twenty-four-year-old Jenny Lau participated in last year’s Miss Hong Kong pageant. After failing to be placed, the Canadian native was spotted by producer Wilson Chin (錢國偉) and cast in variety program, What the Face <變身男女Chok Chok Chok>. Due to her willingness to display her good figure onscreen, Jenny got along well with TVB producers.

Portraying the daughter-in-law of Louise Lee (李司棋) in Heart Road GPS, Jenny Lau’s character was threatened by loan sharks who demanded repayment. The scene involved the loan sharks dumping a bag of frogs over her head as a scare tactic.

As Jenny practiced the scene with costar, Yeung Chiu Ho (楊潮凱), Director Cheung rushed forward and roughly pulled the bag–which reeked of the smell of frogs–over her head. Possessing a deep fear of frogs, Jenny struggled and cried, while Cheung knocked her head against the door. When Cheung asked for the scene to be re-shot, Jenny slumped to the floor and cried, “No, no, please don’t! I beg you!”

Two video clips of Cheung’s controversial treatment of Jenny was uploaded online. Regardless, TVB has passed down a gag order, forbidding cast and crew to speak about the incident to the press in a negative light.

Yeung Chiu Ho was asked to comment on the incident, “Jenny Lau truly is very afraid of frogs. The director was trying out the scene with her and could not hold back his force. His tone was also very rough; he could have been more gentle with a woman.”

Cheung Wing Ho Admits Impatience

Cheung Wing Ho noted that frogs were not utilized for the scene. “I admit that I am impatient and my tone was a bit angry. Afterward, I apologized to the actress.” Cheung indicated that producer Lee Yim Fong (李艷芳) was also present at the time.

Jenny Lau did not wish to recount the details of the incident. As to whether she felt at mercy to Cheung Wing Ho’s directing style, Jenny said, “I will not respond to that question. Each person has his way of handling matters.” Jenny indicated that she has already accepted his apology, as she did not wish to magnify the incident.

Ruco Chan Dives into the Sea

Heart Road GPS stars Ruco Chan (陳展鵬) and former i-Cable anchor, Priscilla Wong (黃翠如). Ruco is torn by his love for his biological mother, Rebecca Chan (陳秀珠), and his foster mother, Louise Lee. As Louise amassed large gambling debts in the drama, she threatened to commit suicide by jumping into the harbor.

In their struggle, Rebecca got knocked into the sea instead. Ruco immediately dove into the water to rescue her, while forgetting his tensions with her. Although the scene was completed by a stunt double for Rebecca yesterday, Ruco had to dive into the water himself. “Although the jump was completed from the pier, it’s difficult to assess how deep the water is.” Fortunately, the scene was completed smoothly in one take.

cheung-wing-ho-jennifer-lau.jpg jenny-lau.jpg

[video=youtube;Em5RNTb1zjs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em5RNTb1zjs[/video]

Creds: Apple Daily

2. TVB Director Knocks Jenny Lau’s Head in a Fit of Rage

[​IMG]

3. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

That is fcked up, he didn't have to be that rough on her, it's a tough job and stuff but he has to control himself. Don't be physical with her.

This might actually help her career, get her name out there...

4. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

I HATE CHUMPS WHO HIT GIRLS...MOTHER FU****!!!!!!!

5. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Damn that looked worst than I thought. No matter how bad they are you cant just go smacking them.

6. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

fired unless the higher ups still support him and should be arrested for physical assault.

7. melody4201

melody4201 Active Member

if he's married... he must of also abuse his wife and kids too...this guy need to go to jail.. women that were abused by him... should stand up.