TVB Series 'Fly With Me' Is Accused Of 7 Things

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by KaY_xD, Apr 25, 2010.

1. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

Source: ON.CC
    Translated by: KAY
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Although it only aired 5 episodes, but many netizens and viewers are already criticizing TVB's new series "Fly With Me" (飛女正傳) of copying other shows and movies.

No. 1: 99% alike
    Plot and promotion clips of "FWM" and Uma Thurman's "My Super Ex-Girlfriend" are very much alike. Janet Bin (played by Ada Choi) is just like Uma Thurman in the movie, usually appeared in normal attire, OL look, but they will gain a perfect body and face and super powers after transformation.

No. 2: 95% alike
    Janet Bin in "FWM" has super powers and can protect others without any weapon, which is similar to characters in "Hancock" and "Superman."

No. 3: 90% alike
    The scene where Janet Bin used her hands to block bullets is just like the classic scene in "Matrix" where Keanu Reeves did the same thing.

No. 4: 90% alike
    The look of silver-haired doctor, played by Moses Chan, is exactly like the lead in Japanese manga "Black Jack." Also, Janet Bin's outfit is accused of copying Maggie Cheung in "The Heroic Trio"

No. 5: 85% alike
    The scene where Ada an her uncle are talking in the hospital is like the scene where Leslie Cheung and Maggie Cheung were flirting with each other in "Days of Being Wild"

No. 6: 85% alike
    Janet Bin in "FWM" got her super powers after falling off from a building, just like Catwoman in "Batman 2"

No. 7: 85% alike
    Janet Bin received super powers because of genetic mutation, which is similar to Spiderman.

As for netizens' accusations, Ada replied: "Stories about super heroes are usual like that. But we added elements of Hong Kong women in this series, it's something different. However, netizens reacted means this series generated response." Moses felt his character's hair might be similar to character in "Black Jack," but sure that they didn't copy it. Kenny Wong said: "I personally think there are many scenes where we paid special tributes to classic scenes. But if others have to think like that, it's ok, as long as everyone is happy watching it!"

2. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

My first thought was it's a copy version of My Super Ex-Girlfriend.

But to see so many was just too funny.

3. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

LOLL! Kinda funny.

But it's their first Heroic movie anyways, can't really ask for more. And plus, TVB script writers aren't that good either :p

4. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

bleh...i knew it was guna be similar to 'my super ex girlfriend' anyways, plus it'll be like a HK version...its not really a big deal...

if netizens dont like the 'copy' then dont watch it init...

5. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

No. 6: 85% alike
    Janet Bin in "FWM" got her super powers after falling off from a building, just like Catwoman in "Batman 2"

this is the most retarded shit i heard...seriously? Batman 2, Catwoman was pushed off a building i forgot and turned psychotic , she did not have "super powers"

i mean i know this series isnt that great, but its something new for HK, people should shut up and enjoy the show =D, if you dont like it, dont watch it

6. van22

van22 Well-Known Member

Get a life and watch this drama. People really got nothing to do over in that country!

7. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Retards on the internet making up shit just for the sake of it.

8. Giniro

Giniro Well-Known Member

This is funny. I had no idea they can copy from so many movie. I wonder by the end of this series how many other movie will be copied.

Interesting finding.

9. ultim8camper

ultim8camper Well-Known Member

not started watching yet ... but LMAO ..... cat women was pushed off a building and a cat saved save because she had the inner cat within her ... lol

10. Kaitou_Kid

Kaitou_Kid Well-Known Member

i don't really like fmw. the plot isn't that great...

11. logic123

logic123 Active Member

how is the story plot?

12. wlee

wlee Member

kind of like my ex supergirlfriend

kind of like my ex supergirlfriend