TVB's "Law dis-Order" Synopsis

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, Sep 18, 2016.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

tvb-law-dis-order-2016.jpg

TVB’s latest legal drama Law dis-Order <律政強人> will be arriving on television screens on Monday, September 19. Produced by Marco Law (羅永賢), Law dis-Order brings back award-winning veteran actors Alex Fong (方中信) and Liu Kai-chi (廖啟智) in their first collaboration together at TVB.

Law dis-Order centers its story on two authority and money-hungry lawyers, and how their obsession for power pushes them further and further away from morality.

Synopsis

As the co-founder of the Chinese law firm Donald & Co., Charles Cheuk (Lau Dan 劉丹), has been a chairman of its committee for many years. Though he had promised his managing partner KC Lau (Liu Kai-chi) that he would step down, Charles hires the money-minded lawyer Kent Cheung (Alex Fong) as a new partner for the firm, hoping that he would be able to counterbalance KC’s growing obsession for authority.

KC had built up great influence in his years with Donald & Co. His associates include the abled lawyers Duncan Yam (Raymond Cho 曹永廉) and Martha Fong (Mandy Wong 黃智雯). With Patricia Lee (Florence Kwok 郭少芸) and Nick Chau (Matthew Ho 何廣沛) as Kent’s only strongsuits, KC assumed he had the upper edge in their game of power.

However, a traffic accident catches KC off guard, and Kent takes advantage of the situation. He gets himself a lucrative offer from Charles, who promotes Kent to senior partner. During this time, Kent re-encounters assistant solicitor Hazel Cheuk (Ali Lee 李佳芯), and they develop a close mentor-student friendship.

Feeling his power ebbing away, KC becomes a ticking time bomb, ready to explode at any moment. But while fighting for control, a toothless tiger comes out from under the radar, ready to seek revenge.

“Law dis-Order” Trailer

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  2. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

this looks very good. I'm about had it with the comedies from TVB...time for some serious dramas

3. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

Awesome 2 great veterans are back and Mandy is in this.

4. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

I thought they filmed this drama recently..

5. looking forward to it Ali :wub:

6. gourmet was horrible Im so glad thats over lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

heh +1, i watched one episode and decided, nope, not wasting time on this

8. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

I so friggin agree with this. I've been had it with those lame tvb comedies since the early 2000s. If i want comedy, i rather watch eric tsang and his gangs or just watch the old stephen chow movies which i will never get sick of.

9. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Daddy Dearest skippable too..?

• Agree Agree x 1