Uk Ppl Come Here !!!!

Discussion in 'Random / Offtopic' started by 小小, Aug 7, 2006.

1. 小小

小小 (゚ー゚)(。_。)(゚ー゚)(。_。) afk

lol b-lee's thread given me this idea -scooter

im thinking of changing my internet connection soon as my 1 year contact is coming to an end

My current connection is really pathetic since it is with Tesco at 512K -lol

im thinking of changing to Tiscali though atm which is decent, 1MB at £14.99 or 2MB at £17.99

so im just wondering what ISP u guys are with at the moment or any suggestions to which ISP u think is good, thanks :D

2. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

I thnk the most reliable ISP is BT Broadband, I get 40GB upload/download, 8mb connection for £27 a month

ISP like tiscali have that ridculous fair usage policy which means you can do nothing but surf the net from 6pm to 12am ( i think check their webby terms and conditions). If you try to download/game or anything that uses the line continuously they slow ur speed right down.

I have read many reviews on the internet about how unrelaible many ISPs are and BT is the only one that has good reviews.

So in my eyes the price hike is worth it. I have never had any problems with BT, in fact i just keep on extending my contract with them every year

3. goo wak jai

goo wak jai Well-Known Member

Ah my friend uses tiscali...he says it is very dodgy. Well AOL is quite good, and telewest is good. I don't like BT since it is limited

#3 goo wak jai, Aug 7, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2006
  4. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

I used to use this company called E7even, but then they closed down and recommend me to use this other company called Ezee DSL and im on the 1MB home - £17.99 a month which i think is quite good heres the link if you're thinking about it :) ive been on it for a couple of months now and ive had no problems with it (touch wood) so far so good!!

http://www.ezeedsl.co.uk/

hope this helps :)

5. 小小

小小 (゚ー゚)(。_。)(゚ー゚)(。_。) afk

Thanks for the reply guys i just checked back with tiscali ... kinda tempting since now its like £20/month for a 8mb broadband (updated) with unlimited usage even though they do have a fair usage policy but to me it doesnt sound that bad since i am used to slow broadband -lol and 6 till 11 doesnt seem too bad but im interested to know how much they slow it down by hmmmm

i dont think i would consider BT though coz £28/month is alot -lol

im already paying loads for college already so need to save as much as i can :p

was checking out Plus.net earlier on but its a so so .... ugh

Sitll have a few weeks to browse for on ISP before i change XD

6. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

^ Heres a review i found, dunno how reliable it is but generally discribes the fair usuage policy. Definately read the terms and conditions before agreeing