US Issues Alert On ALL Chinese Food Products

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by ralphrepo, Nov 14, 2008.

1. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

It was only a matter of time, story continued from this thread: Milk Scandal Was Only The Beginning

In a rush? For a quick synopsis, just read the red highlighted lines.

I wonder if they're going to start raiding Chinese supermarkets in the US? And here's more info, a bit shrill but the concerns are real:

Note: The first video seems to source the Epoch Times, which for those of you that don't know, is a fervently anti-government newspaper that routinely criticizes the PRC. Again, the source may be regarded as biased, but the info disclosed appears genuine.

#1 ralphrepo, Nov 14, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  2. armedretards

armedretards Well-Known Member

This is just insane.. what is going on over there..

3. Amatsu-Kami

Amatsu-Kami Member

The health hazards have probably always been there but only the past year or so issues have come up.
    Lead in their toys, various contaminants in the food.....probably other things as well.
    The Chinese govt needs to do a better job of checking up on the companies.

4. armedretards

armedretards Well-Known Member

The chinese govt need to start over and think about whats going on in their country.

5. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Good work on the highlighting (Y)

6. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

lol, when we find out shit bout their food, we're GUNNA RUB IT IN THEIR FACE!

7. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

^ No Phil...I'm actually pretty much agree with them this time. Stupid chinese governments and officials are just too corrupted to take actions against it, maybe this might get them or someone to do something...

8. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

As I've stated in many other threads, this shit isn't an indictment of the Chinese people, but criticism of the ineffective leadership who control China and the Chinese people. The corruption, malfeasance, misfeasance, and just outright criminality by all levels of government there, first and foremost, hurts mainly the Chinese people.

The PRC government has always wanted China to be internationally recognized; well, it got its wish.This announcement by the US firmly burnishes China as a nation that needs to be treated with respect; however, rather than the respect of admiration, it is instead the respect of caution. The PRC has become an international pariah as it has been effectively marked as a consumer hazard. It is mind boggling that a few common criminals (the ones who openly add Melamine to products and get away with it) can be allowed to bring down the reputation of a country that is so large. Again, their government's lack of will in facing local corruption problems ultimately will destroy them. But in the meanwhile, billions of people, in China and across the world, are at risk for being hurt by their greed and avarice.

9. joecool

joecool Member

Totally agreed!

10. mingysh

mingysh New Member

It is so sad, the china has food issue and america has subprime issues - all because of greed.

11. elitorsomeone

elitorsomeone Well-Known Member

I hope the chinese government will clean up their act. The eyes of the world are on them now, especially after the olympics.
    on a personal note: NOOOOOO!!!! what am i going to do? I can't buy china imports?!?! I live off of that stuff!

12. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

My family has been buying non chinese food products now. The amount of fakes has scared them away from it.