Used Good - 異搜店 (2021) [C]

Discussion in 'Chinese Drama Discussion' started by ralphrepo, Jan 3, 2022.

1. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Can't believe the amount of scams there seems to be in HK. Reminds me of a guy I met years ago, the husband of a woman my wife got to be friends with because our kids at the time were in the same pre-school. We went to a party at their house and he tried to rope me into an investment, giving me a whole song and dance that was too good to be true. I told my wife it sounded shady. I talked to my brother, who was a federal agent at the time, and he was pretty sure it sounded like a ponzi scheme. Sure enough, many months later, after losing tens of thousands of his own family's money, he found out it was a classic ponzi. Fast forward to today, I'm watching this plot line in this show and I'm thinking, 'there's still so many gullible people around?' Why do people fall for this sort of stuff?

At any rate, I didn't think I would be interested in a show about a magic wooden chicken fetish from Thailand but found myself clicking on the next episode and then another, LOL... But seriously, that chicken idol looks creepy as all git. Anyone else watching this?

Not for nothing; but the guy that plays the doctor boyfriend, son of the crooked fund manager? He has like, ZERO acting skills. A cardboard cutout probably has more life than him, LOL...

#1 ralphrepo, Jan 3, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. KilaKilaGirl

KilaKilaGirl Well-Known Member

I only watched couple of episodes where the chicken case was finished. The next one was about the laptop? I've stopped during that case. It seems a bit cheesy and mundane.

3. ralphrepo

You should watch the rest. The individual cases seem trite but after a fashion, you'll realize that there's a connection between all the stories that's deeper and more insidious than one would suspect at first blush. Yeah, I didn't think I would like this story either, but I'm at the point where I can't wait for the next ep to come out.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

So many series to watch...there's also Modern Dynasty which has Tavia and Rain back, wonder if that one will be good...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ralphrepo

What an ending...

I sort of suspected that the boss of the antique shop stole the valuable artwork and then burned the original place to cover his tracks; but I never would have imagined that the doctor's mom (the mutual fund manager) had killed the original owner. But the fact that she then kills her accomplice in exactly the same manner is a bit of a stretch though. I mean, the same metal rod laid on the roof for all those years? Still it was an interesting twist. I was happy that the kid's mother found her ring finally. And I was delighted that the kid finally made his move with the girl, as well as his uncle who proposed to his long time love too. A nice ending typical of TVB where all the loose ends are nicely tied up.

#5 ralphrepo, Jan 16, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Great ending tied up everything nicely

i read on other sites netizens seem to like the show and stories in this one

there was too much coincidence for me

the actor that played Joeys brother lol i wanted to punch him bad ..he's fresh though would like to seem him in more shows haha

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. hoyeah!

hoyeah! Well-Known Member

The ratings for this drama was not too bad (mid 20s).

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1