VanDamme fans & haters please see this...

Discussion in 'Hollywood Entertainment' started by MasterJin, Apr 8, 2007.

1. MasterJin

MasterJin Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I just wanted to know if anyone thinks VanDamme is a good actor??? Anyone seen the movie Wake Of Death. I would absolutely LOVE to hear comments about this movie if anyone has seen it. I have seen it but i just want to know if people are in favour of my opinion or my mates. Im not gonna say if i like it or not, or, if my mate likes it or not. I will let u know once i get about 10 posts.

PLEASE POST YOUR COMMENTS ABOUT HIS MOVIE. IM BURSTING TO TELL YOU WHAT I THINK OF IT.

2. shadow Thi3f

shadow Thi3f Well-Known Member

No one has seen Wake of Death so if you are dying to post your comment on the movie, i suggest that you go ahead and do it. My opinion, VanDamme is a okay actor. Hes not the best and hes not the worst. I dont watch his movies for his acting. Is wake of death his new movie that went straight to dvd?

3. apollon

apollon Well-Known Member

vandamme is one of those old 'kick-butt' actor that can only handle one type of genre/characterization.

like Arnold Schwarzenegger, you don't expect him to bring much or any emotional connection to his movie. most of his movies' plots are simple; he comes in and kick all of the bad guys asses. fullfilling, eh? lol. maybe.

i suppose this movie isn't that different.

and plus, jackie chan is the person that took vandamme's spotlight away.

4. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

back in da day good..now...washed up and old...

5. MasterJin

MasterJin Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

I guess i couldn't wait for 10 posts. The movie is absolutely hilarious!!!! I found it so crap that i was laughing throughout the movie at how shitty "VanDamn's" (thats what i call him) acting was.
    It is quite different to his usual genre of movies that he loves doing e.g. kicking people's ass who look at him in a funny way. LOL.. He does TRY to show some emotion in this movie. There's some scene's where he tries very hard to cry but he can't pull it off. There was this one bit that absolutely made me crack up!! I fell to the ground laughing!!! "VanDamn's" wife is killed and his son ask's "VanDamn" (his dad) where his mom is...... Here's VanDamn's response.............. This is classic.................. He goes "She dead!!!"

Now the kid is about 8 or 9 years old.... He could of just said something like "She has gone to a better place" or something. But he went straight to the point. I was laughing for ages just on that part.

I got this movie from my mate who after watching this movie said it BRILLIANT!!! He goes VanDamn's acting was SICK!!! I was like VanDamn??? Acting??? Good??? I didn't believe him and i didn't really want to see the movie. He kind of forced it on me. So i watched it and thought it was absolutely SHIT!!! LOL

Since i watched that movie we have always been arguing about our movie/anime/tv shows/music taste. I dont take any downloads from him anymore... LOL. His taste is just too raw for me.

Ive made another post about anime where he disses my anime taste. PLEASE if you agree with me on how crappy VanDamn's acting is please post him a reply. His name in PA is Master_G.

Here's my other post: http://www.dramasian.com/showthread.php?t=12928

I'd love to see his reaction. Thanks

6. wysandman

wysandman Well-Known Member

Van Damme was cool in blood sport but he suck in other movies.

7. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

i was just thinking bloodsport...hahah..

8. huh? he still makes me movies?. i dont consider him as an actor... he's was an action star... which meant his stunts and fight scenes were most important.....no one really scared if he could act or not.

9. spore_attack

spore_attack Member

His accent is at least funny