Very Powerful Video, Can you relate?

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by CrazyMoFo, May 21, 2012.

1. CrazyMoFo

CrazyMoFo Well-Known Member

I'm sure some of you out there would think this is silly. Which makes me think what is this world coming to?! Let me know what you guys think of this video.

[video=youtube;pzKZb3qHyXk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pzKZb3qHyXk[/video]

2. What do you mean by "what is this world coming to" and "this is silly"?

But in regard to the video, I find that there are several key points that one needs to take away:

1) Eliminate selfishness and our self-centred. The video says that we are not the centre of all things. I think this can be adapted to an even lower level: we, as individuals, are not the protagonist of our world. Other people do not revolve their lives around ours. We must be considerate, compassionate and help make the lives of others around us better.

2) We must strive to ask questions, to continue to learn and to expand our knowledge and understanding. But this itself is not enough. Once we have gained a new understanding and knowledge, we must be willing to modify our beliefs to encapsulate this new understanding and knowledge.

3) As we understand how minuscule we are compared to the universe, this (hopefully) instils a sense of humility in us.

The funny thing is, these are points that are outlined within Buddhism. Sad that no one really pays attention to the truly important stuff, and would rather place their attention to irrelevant matters like religion A > religion B, and how to leverage off of religion to make money (happens in Buddhist temples as well).

3. CrazyMoFo

CrazyMoFo Well-Known Member

I'm just referring to the creationists who would find this video silly. And what I mean about what this world is coming to, in my opinion is being run by religious freaks who has a personal agenda using religion to push their ideas. Other than than I agree with your assessment of this video.