Walking Dead Season 5

Discussion in 'Hollywood Entertainment' started by ralphrepo, Oct 16, 2014.

1. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Anyone else watch the first ep? Seems to be a lack of TWD fans here at PA; no talk, no buzz, no nothing a few days after broadcast... :wtf:

2. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

I think everyone was waiting for you to start the thread ralph -lol

Last season was a bit slow for my taste but I'm loving how this season started off. I've read rumors that Glen will die this season, tbh don't really care if he does.. I used to love his character but now not so much

3. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

i like beth!

4. kevin

kevin RAWR!

THAT!

But the episode was dark and heartwarming and I love the ending, after the trailer. MORGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

honestly the morgan scene was the best. any idea what the mark on the tree was?

6. ralphrepo

LOL... Ole Thread-Startin' Ralph, ...at your service!

Seriously, it would be a shame if Glen bit the dust, given that it's probably one of the most prominent non Asian theme roles for an Asian to play in. In other words, he's just a regular guy who just happens to be Asian; people don't relate to him as "that Chinese guy on Walking Dead" but rather, as Glen. He's probably done more for realistic American roles by Asians than any other contemporary actor. Given that there's no real creative need to kill him off so soon, I would be bummed if he was written out of the show so frivolously.

Beth! Our long lost Beth... didn't appear in the season opener and I was a tad disappointed. The brief ending cameo by Morgan was stunning, given that he was somewhat deranged the last time Rick saw him, it was indeed refreshingly surprising to see him out and about. Hopefully, he brings a bit more creative tension to the mix. I'm wondering what will happen with the leader of the cannibals who Rick wounded during their escape. My feeling is, like the Governor, he's going to become a persistent antagonist, who will seek out and attempt to destroy Rick, et al. Time will tell. And what now, for Carol, who Rick realizes, had just saved all their lives? Will he accept her back into the fold? Sure seems that way!

All in all, a very nice start to the season ;)

7. kevin

kevin RAWR!

Good to see Sam back too. The kid who we saw in season 4 with that girl but later got chewed. Shame he was the first to get knocked out and sliced to death with blood pouring into the sink.

[​IMG]

See that ink? Same marking on the tree.

It's suggesting that when Morgan arrived at the "No Sanctuary" post, it has been weeks, since Rick, et al., left as the marking faded and vines started to grow. Go Google.

Oh did you lot notice that the man at the end (locking up Gareth and his family, yes Mary is his Mum and Alex is his brother.) who people claimed to be Negan was the same person which Rick and Glen helped escape? He was saying "we are the same".

Anyways, Scott posted on Twitter saying that he isn't Negan.

Of course Gareth (as shown on promo clips) will somehow take revenge but he will first take the lead on joining them to DC.

=====

Who remember Morales from season 1?

He posted on Twitter with "Not Dead". Maybe hinting that he's alive and will make an appearance...maybe at Alexandra safe zone?

8. ralphrepo

Indeed, Morales and his family decided to go out on their own from the original Atlanta suburb camp. I recall them as trying to re-establish contact with family in Birmingham, Alabama. Having been to Birmingham, I don't know why anyone would ever choose to got there, but I guess family is family. This is an interesting dilemma for AMC. While there is tremendous interest in the outcomes of various other peripheral characters, AMC has to be fearful of diluting audience desire to see Rick et al. In other words, even if they launch another series, they would be competing with themselves and it may lower their "most watched show" statistics. Thus, I can see them coming with perhaps a mini-series set, or maybe some specials; but a complete standalone show may not be to its best advantage.

As for Gareth, I don't know how it would be possible for Rick to even consider not shooting him on sight, much less join him. But, TWD certainly has been a show of surprises. As for Morgan, it may have been weeks for his arrival, but the markings on that tree are fresh. Something to think about.

Not sure if it's Negan; but IIRC, in the comic series Negan was the one who eventually kills Glen. So maybe there may be something to the gossip of Glen dying this season. Dammit.

9. ralphrepo

Anyone watched TWD 05_02? Lot's of references to the comics, and a lot more fast paced than last season. Still no beth... dammit. And what about poor Bob? Just when things where starting to look up too...

10. kevin

kevin RAWR!

I didn't enjoy much of the earlier scenes, just the end when it showed the BobBQue scene. Now that was dark and confirmed that the Termites are indeed the HUNTERS, so does that mean Negan is somewhere else?

I think Father Gabriel has something to do with this and may be part of the Hunters group (Terminus group).

Turns out that Martin didn't die and that Tyreese lied or didn't smash his head hard enough to kill him (in the hut with baby Judith)

So rewind this, in the house with the portraits, there was the flowers, Mary and even a dog. We have all seen this but who does the dog actually belong to. Is it really the car with the cross + on it or what? Hmm, next episode should be interesting.

Yeah Ralph, this season is apparently closely related to the comics and from what I heard, Bob took Dale's role (leg get eaten). Oh and maybe Bob got scratched when scavenging for food (he got dragged down by a walker in the water so maybe he was scratched and hid it, otherwise why would he be crying and ask for another kiss - perhaps because it may be his last chance?)

11. ralphrepo

Well, IIRC, the issue of the safety of eating tainted meat was never really 'fleshed' out (sorry, couldn't resist, LOL...) in the print series. IMHO, it would be nice to see those that ate from any infected flesh be turned. That, of course would be adding canon and I'm not sure how Kirkman would feel about that as he has a lot of creative control on the set. But, on the other hand, Gareth is expected to be around for a few episodes, and since he clearly also ate Bob's flesh, he wouldn't be able to be in the next couple of eps if he was turned. So I guess in a way, canon is already being added; implied that one can eat tainted flesh and NOT turn. That, of course is predicated on the assumption that Bob was indeed bitten when he was pulled under. He may just have been worried about something else.

The issue with Tyreese allowing Martin to get away is troubling. Tyreese has thus become a liability to the safety of the group.

#11 ralphrepo, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  12. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

HAHAHA...KArma is a bitch. Love this episode (03). Can't wait till next Sunday. I watch this series for beth and daryl!!!

13. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

damn this cliffhanger... whoever is with daryl is definitely not carol or beth.

14. still havent finished last season lol

so much shows queued up

15. ralphrepo

Wow, Ep 05-03 was stunning. Given all the talk about Gareth being around for a long time, I guess that false leak on where the story line was headed was purposely given to allow for fan speculation. Gareth, et all, met their fate exactly like that laid out in the print series, even to the shooting off of his fingers (except is was by Andrea, who is no longer alive in the TV version). Thus, whether eating tainted flesh turns one or not, is a question still remains unanswered. But the ending was odd; if Daryl came back with Carol, there would be no need to keeping people guessing, so I'm guessing it was someone else. Was it Beth? I doubt it, as other trailers show her in a hospital setting with a female uniformed tormentor. Maybe it was Morgan?

16. kevin

kevin RAWR!

Yeah I was thinking of that too since Daryl and Carol have yet to meet Morgan and he might have "captured" the two with a gun and commanded them to lead them to their place.

I think if that's the case then when he comes out of the bush with a gun against Carol, he will notice Michonne and drop the gun, Daryl might then attack him and Michonne will shout at him saying he's a good person.etc

People say it might be Noah too. Cliff hanger for sure!

I love that Church scene, I was shouting out YESSSSS when the two Hunters got shot down (when they tried to open the door), then next thing you know, Gareth's fingers get shot off (wow at the precision!). The silencer and night scope sure is helpful (good job Glenn).

17. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

i honestly feel like you could start at season 5 and enjoy it just as much. season 5 is shaping up to be the best yet imo.

18. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

love tonight's ep.....such a fanboy of Beth, lol.

The ending tho, wow.

19. ralphrepo

BETH!

She's BACK!!!

YES!!!

20. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

alanna masterson look pretty