Warners offers Bruce Lee role to Rain

Discussion in 'Korean Entertainment' started by shinobi, Aug 13, 2009.

1. [​IMG]
    Tuesday August 11, 2009 Korea

SEOUL -- South Korean pop singer/actor Rain was offered the lead role in the Warner Bros. remake of Bruce Lee's kung fu flick "Enter the Dragon," J Tune Entertainment, Rain's agency, confirmed Thursday.

J Tune, however, added that Rain hasn't made a decision, and refused to discuss details.

The 27-year old actor stars as an assassin in the Wachowski Brothers' upcoming "Ninja Assassin" set for release in November.

"Enter the Dragon," which is considered one of Bruce Lee's most popular films in the West, and the last before his death, delves into a Shaolin monk (Lee) who is assigned to expose illegal activities on an island. For the film's contemporary take, the company has hired writer Kurk Sutter (also the co-producer for American TV drama "The Shield").

J Tune Entertainment said only that Rain is currently preparing for his next Asian concert tour later this year.

credits: hollywoodreporter.

2. KT

KT H E L L O K T ♥

WTFFFFFFFF :facepalm:

3. lovetvb

lovetvb Well-Known Member

I thought Bruce Lee is Chinese? Korean ?????

4. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

It's a failure already, you can't get someone with no martial arts background to do a classic, one of the best martial arts movies ever. You can't replace Bruce Lee with anybody for that matters. It's like, why would I pay to watch some shit remake when I could just buy the DVD of the original.

I could just imagine Rain acting in the role, I just can't stop laughing...

5. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

lol, he prob has to waer so much mke up , lol take offhis top, and he's like ugh, need sunscreen otherwise i get the tan, lol
    and all those cosmetics coz hes such a make up boy haha

6. galokjai

galokjai Member

bad person for the role

7. Faze

Faze Member

ridicolous

8. i take it you aint heard of Dragon ball evolution.

sorry, he looks like a clown, just get flames, give him some roids to build some muscle and use him.

9. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

So wrong agreed Bruce Lee is irreplaceable! Screw Hollywood trying to make easy $

10. chino3pr

chino3pr New Member

What is wrong with american's and tryin to remake asian staring movies. Especially with Bruce Lee movies. The ruined Green Hornet by making it with a comedian and now Enter the Dragon with a Korean (Rain). I'm not beening biased but there are other choices for Chinese actors out there that can take on Lee's role. Rain physically can resemble Lee but not the background. I can see true Hong Kong and Chinese people boycotting this film. Then again you have fans of Rain who will probably support this.

11. sweety_girl

sweety_girl Well-Known Member

Rain is not the person who can replace Bruce Lee (of course nobody can) and he hasn't a martial arts background so I think he is the wrong person to take the lead role. I also think that if the remake is done, it will be not so great as the original.

12. DragonBuster

DragonBuster Well-Known Member

give the role to samo hung he's fat, if bruce lee still alive, he would be as fat LOL ahahhahahhaahahhah I cannot stop laughing...hahahah this is so funnyy

13. shadowchi

shadowchi ~~♫ ♫ ♪ Himitsu ♪ ♫ ♫ ~~

[youtube]5g_sL4DFA6Q[/youtube]
    Ninja Assasin doesnt look that bad right?

But Rain being bruce lee......, i doubt that,

14. applelover

applelover New Member

definitely not Rain.

15. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

rains not bad in fact i think hes a pretty good candidate , the only problem is hollywood doesn't understand or care about the cultural standings to have a non chinese person play such a cultural icon, *rains already made a hollywood debut, has a fan base and is marketable so its a better choice from a marketing view) there is going to be a debate about this like the memoir of a geisha thing. I personally don't care as long as the person looks chinese and not mixed white like *ahem dragon ball* but most chinese will not accept it unless it's played by a chinese and its understandable but who knows he might not be take the it but its a big role to pass on.

16. krazyaznboi

krazyaznboi Well-Known Member

No effing way is this gonna happen. You don't freaking do a cultural switch on people, especially not on billions of Chinese fans.

17. setshiro

setshiro Well-Known Member

hollywood doesn't care about that..they do it lots of times

hollywood = :bowdown: $$$$$$$

18. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

lol why dont they just get a white person to play Bruce lee, since americans dont like asians being in movies = = ,

19. Ragnarok043

Ragnarok043 Well-Known Member

i think a good candidate wouldve been Donny Yen

20. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

I thought of that too,he would really be ideal for the role but I can't imagine anyone playing that legendary role and not get scold afterwards.