Washoku? =] Anyone like Japanese Food!

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by maruko13, Jan 26, 2007.

1. maruko13

maruko13 Member

Hahaha. anyone like japanese food?-chef which ones? I LOVE SHABUSHABU... all WAGASHI [especially yooooukan] um, YAKISOBA, TAKOYAKI, GYUUDON, and basically everything.... hahahaha =] <//3maruko

2. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

Love!
    I adore most things raw ^^b and of course, kiseki cuisine is simply an art. I ate at this restaurant called Sakura Kiseki in Toronto. It's like amazing. Love Toronto for having conveyor belt sushi place :p Good ramen, okonomiyaki and takoyaki!!
    I just adore Jap food :9

3. maruko13

maruko13 Member

haha i think you mean 'KAISEKI' lol..... i love that stuff too... soo soo good.. and so pretty!!! but lemme tell you i promice that the kaiseki in kyoto is about 2,302,467 times better then anything you'll ever find in toronto.... you should definately go to japan and try reall kaiseki at a ryokannnn or at a chakai... =]

4. phatster

phatster Active Member

KAISEKI IS GOOOOOODDDDD! Tried it once many years ago back home when a guest Japanese chef was invited to a hotel during food festival. Man.....havn't had a chance to taste it again ever since I moved to California. Don't even know where to go. All i ever see in menus here are the regular stuffs.

But I like ramen/udon though. I'll eat any type of it. Don't know why.

5. maruko13

maruko13 Member

yum yum yum... :D do you know what bugs the heck out of me? how noone thinks there is any other japanese food besides sushi and like HIBACHI. lol ERRRR..... bc i'm always like i <//3 japanese food. and then someones like.. you mean sushi? and its like. NO THERES A BILLION OTHER TYPES OF JAPANESE FOOD.argh.

6. HokaHoka

HokaHoka Well-Known Member

I LIke SUSHI AND WASABI

THEY ARE PERFECT MATCH

7. maruko13

maruko13 Member

ahh i love sushi... but wasabi is too spicy for me! lol i like freak out when i forget its there on like nigirizushi and then i eat it and i like DIE. hahaha i have to get wasabinuki sushi :D

8. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

Oops, spelling ^^b Kaiseki ==> Kiseki... Stupid me.
    I am sure the food is WAY better in Japan, but I think I will have to make do with what I've got in Toronto for now... Until I go to Japan next time~

9. korx

korx Well-Known Member

I like almost everything except their soups. Can't compare to Chinese soups.

10. XxMaddy

XxMaddy Member

Oh ya, Chinese soups are awesome...

I love Japanese food~ Raw fish is <3... xP

Oh I love Takoyaki~ And udon, and ramen... *_* I'm getting hungry now...

11. xprlt

xprlt Well-Known Member

I had a kaiseki meal near hiroshima, well not the original buddist stuff I guess because it had fish but it was really good.
    though not originally japanese, I loved the ramen shops as well, and the japanese curry is simply fantasic.
    for the rest I had wonderfull sushi, and basically survived on bentoo lunchboxes, and thgose are exellent as well. japan is a food paradise, if you ask me.

12. eason41

eason41 Well-Known Member

yakiudon, sukiyaki, sushi of course, yakisoba, and the only raw item that I like is

sashimi.

13. usna

usna Member

I love the sashimi, tempura, udon, I don't like the yakisoba a lot but its ok , Love sushi sooo... delicious (goes to th kitchen ...)

14. person

person Well-Known Member

Sushi, the drinks, the candy, the soups... so much... haha.

15. saikira

saikira Well-Known Member

sushi, ramen, and hot pot luv those!!!!and their green tea ice cream and xpecially melon pun lolx

16. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

Japanese food is the shit!

17. ChinaMadonna

ChinaMadonna New Member

Yes, like it very much!-chef

18. tdmt

tdmt Well-Known Member

ramen is best. i like some sushi. too bad can't eat any raw things

19. taichi_masta

taichi_masta Well-Known Member

okonomiyaki!! yum yum! And I don't know why, but I am addicted to their ka re!

20. jnetcube5

jnetcube5 Well-Known Member

shabu shabu is good.