Wayne Lai as "Chai Gow"

Discussion in 'Rosy Business - 巾幗梟雄' started by Toilet, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Toilet

Toilet Well-Known Member

I thought he was evil when he killed the dog and forced the old man to eat it XD
    When he had the bone in his mouth and pretended to be a dog i felt sorry for him twice!

He hasn't got a good character but Wayne portrays it very well -woot2
    Any thoughts about his character or his acting?

2. vangirl86

vangirl86 Well-Known Member

He never disappoints me with whichever role he needs to potray!

3. kapkaplui

kapkaplui Well-Known Member

I dont think Chai Gow will be our regular type of hero. He is selfish, greedy, cold-blooded sometime. But surely there's a reason for him being tat.

I don't think many actor in TVB can portray such difficult with such ease other than Wayne. 2nd drama with him as lead, congratz!

BTW This is the 1st drama I willing to spend da time to dload HD quality for keeping.

4. shaorin

shaorin Active Member

I think the role fits him.

5. brother hua

brother hua Active Member

I think he will get his best actor nod in Nov. This is a very good show.

6. Xzyrus

Xzyrus Well-Known Member

Top Poster of the Month

Wayne Lai for Best Actor and Michael Tse (Laughing) for Best Supporting Actor!

7. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

he's a very diverse actor. i thought he was going to be more of an antagonist when he forced the old man to eat the dog meat but i guess not.

interestingly enough, this role seems perfect for wayne lai to portray.

8. Toilet

Toilet Well-Known Member

Anyone else laughs when the eldest son calls Chai gow a pig? XD
    for some strange reason I will always think of Wayne Lai as piggy from journey to the west ;D

9. asianwok

asianwok Member

I think Chai gow´s act as a bad guy, and not a sweet and funny guy as I always remember him from "Legend of the Condor Heroes" , fits him. He has a role as the bad countryboy in the drama but at the same time he is not that bad, which make him even better.

10. AARONBOEYKHG

AARONBOEYKHG Well-Known Member

Wayne is one of many good actor from TVB, but most of them only gets fame after 35 or 40......waiting for their lucky time to come

11. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

It's really a true testament of an actor's skill and range to be able to play widely divergent types of roles. I watched him in Pedder Street and then immediately after in Rosy. From a cool office executive one minute to a snarling and then sniveling street vagabond in the very next. He is probably one of TVB's best and yet unrecognized stars.

12. Kaitou_Kid

Kaitou_Kid Well-Known Member

that force dog part was so evil. i feel sorry for him a little bit. why are ppl so mean to poor ppl:(

13. xsugarx

xsugarx Well-Known Member

I don't really like the personality of the character but Wayne Lai's acting skills are sooo good! He gets extremely into the roles and portrays the character very well.

14. bbgirlsum

bbgirlsum Well-Known Member

totally love his character :D

15. lawplanet

lawplanet Well-Known Member

amazing acting skills... just amazing

16. zhou

zhou Well-Known Member

his role in this serie owns hope he ends up good =)

17. bvballer

bvballer Well-Known Member

Wayne is an excellent actor and never disappoint the audiences but he doesnt get fame that he deserve compare ppl who cant act but still get alot of attentions.

18. DTMLY

DTMLY Member

wayne's character starts to become evil at this point? after episode 13

19. envizion

envizion Member

wayne lai has always been under-appreciated imo. hes a very good actor. only thing annoying bout his role in this series is the lil catch phrase they try to make popular by making him say over and over and over and over. but the script department is to blame for that.

20. hoi_lee

hoi_lee Well-Known Member

he plays such a different role in RB, normally he plays the funny relaxed guy. he is a very good actor!!