Wedding

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by smartangel, May 12, 2009.

1. smartangel

smartangel Well-Known Member

Do you guy prefer to get a chinese style wedding or western style wedding.......

I am more prefer to have a chinese wedding

2. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

probably a combination of both. but then, i'm seeing a white girl so ...

3. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

Money talks, I do see a lot of mixed combinations of west and east these days. Whatever works. It also depends who's coming to the wedding. If you have a lot of chinese, especially the older guests coming, don't bother with the western, they will not like the food.

Chinese style seem more out going and less formal, and for the western, I always feel like it's more formal. Any wedding is a bitch to plan...

4. bubblez_girl

bubblez_girl Active Member

I like a mixture. For my wedding, it was a mixed of western, chinese, and vietnamese.

5. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

if i had one wedding it would be chinese since its more respectful to parents...if i had 2 weddings it'll be one each lol

6. [mJ9]

[mJ9] Well-Known Member

how's a chinese style wedding??here,most Chinese people does it the catholic style..

7. lotsa ppl have a combo... western during the day n chinese at night... so u get to dress pretty in a white wedding dress n take lots of beautiful photos during the day... n then get all the gold n wedding red pockets at night... puahahahaha...

8. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Yeah I notice that a lot, usually Western Outdoor Garden in the daytime, and a Chin restaurant at night

9. [mJ9]

[mJ9] Well-Known Member

but it cost to organize 2 weddings:p

10. kwan1031

kwan1031 New Member

I actually never attended a chinese wedding... How does it work? lol

11. that's y u make sure the guests give cash in red pockets instead of getting wedding gift to minimize the cost -lolv

12. AARONBOEYKHG

AARONBOEYKHG Well-Known Member

normally its chinese for tea ceremony and western for wedding day and wedding dinner in my country....I prefer both

13. Powerz

Powerz Well-Known Member

I myself had a Western wedding and Chinese wedding combo last year.

I had an gift-giving ceremony two weeks before (due to time contraints) with a big roasted pig and lots of whole chickens, ancestor and god worshipping, etc.
    Starting the night before, I had the "sern tao" hair combing ceremony
    On the morning of the wedding, we had the door games (where bridesmaids play the groom and his groomsmen)
    Then, I had the tea ceremony
    In the afternoon, I had a church wedding
    Took some pictures at the park
    Then in the evening was the party and the Chinese Banquet

Since I married a Korean, I am having an additional wedding ceremony in Korea this year, which is also a combination of western/korean style.

14. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

lol thats what my uncle did :laugh2:

i'd like to do sometihng like that for my wedding one day xD

15. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Western gown, portraiture, civil ceremony, with Chinese wedding banquet in HK, had another banquet for her relatives in Shanghai. Luckily, my family flew in from the states or else I would have had to have one in the US too. Despite that it was well over 100G, and that was twenty year ago.

I told her that if we divorced I would sell her to recoup my money, LOL...

16. tiapk7932

tiapk7932 Well-Known Member

I recently attended a Chinese/Japanese wedding. In the morning, the bride had her bridesmaids play games against the groom and groomsmen before they could enter the house to pick up the bride (Chinese tradition). Then they had the tea ceremony with the elders. In the afternoon, she wore a Japanese kimono for the wedding inside a Kinko (?) temple. Afterwards, dinner at a Chinese restaurant. They decided to against doing something western as they wanted to be more traditional.

17. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Sounds like one hella of day for the pair