Well that did it...

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by ralphrepo, Nov 22, 2008.

1. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

One of my stupid kids left the 360 sitting out on the floor where the other stupid kid then accidentally kicked it. When we tried to boot the thing up, all we got was the flashing red ring. And it was a limited edition too. Damn... -shock

Is it doomed?

2. yeah more than likely, something has prolly gotten loose, as its broken you can try to return it to M$. if you cant then look on the net for guides to fixing the RROD and try it yourself, nothing to lose.

3. ralphrepo

<sigh> I'm not optimistic. But I'll bring it down to one of those Chinese shops that fix anything and hope for the best; at least to see what they say. I rather trust them first than M$.

4. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

but M$ would fix it for u free if it's within 3yrs since purchase o_O

5. lol "one of my stupid kids"

i'm sorry :p

6. ralphrepo

It that right? Even if it was our own fault?

7. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

^LOL M$ always knew that there 360's are as brittle as hell,little shocks and red ring appears, thats why I always had my eye on a PS3, but damn pricey...

8. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

bad choice.

good choice.

lol as long as it's the rrod, it's "not ur fault":wiggle:

9. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

not if you dont tell em you broke it ;)

10. ralphrepo

Ah, the rain stopped and the day has just become sunny again... :D

Thanks, everyone!

11. hero0325

hero0325 Member

Wow! Thanks for this informaton, I heard about the rrod but wasn't sure how bad it was. PS3 just moved up the top of the list. HA!HA!

12. i heard you could use the Over Heating method... which involves towels..... lol

13. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

^ Wasn't it the freezing method???

14. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

thats only temporary...not worth it just send it in unless you have to play some game right at the moment, i know how that feels lol.

15. an xbox bought nw should have a small chance of RROd, they are much better than the old models, my xbox has never given me problems and i dont care if it does cus i got a guarentee thing that lets me swap it for a new one at the shop i got it from as much times as i like.

16. xsugarx

xsugarx Well-Known Member

I had the same problem and I brought it to some place to get it fixed (not m$), but after the some time. The ring came back. Might as well give M$ a chance.