What are your opinions on religion?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by billy_lam26, Oct 22, 2008.

1. billy_lam26

billy_lam26 Active Member

Whehter you;re a Chinese-Christian, a Buddhist, or a Muslim, what do you think about the importance of religion in your life?

Personally, and not to sound offensive or anything, but I think it is a waste of time for me. I used to be a Buddhist along with all my family, but I could tell that they themselves barely know anything about the true meanings. As I've grown older, I saw the futility in believing and following in something that will get me nowhere in life, and so I now believe in nothing but what I can do for myself in life.

2. there is a religion section.....

and religion has no real importance to me.... it doesn't make my decisions i rely on my morals and values for that.....

3. billy_lam26

billy_lam26 Active Member

Ooops, sorry.
    Moderators please feel free to delete or move to appropriate section.

4. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

i'm a agnostic but my family's buddhist...
    it doesnt really affect me cos i'm not really too bothered about it
    but i do respect other religions.....

5. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

I believe in the existence of higher power than me; but i don't go to church/temple/mosque/etc

6. nameless2k8

nameless2k8 Member

I have a very big family but we don't really class ourself as a Buddhist. We do not have any sort of religion but we do follow our culture. These are things that are past down from generations.

7. giga

giga Well-Known Member

well i always thought buddism to be more of a way of thinking bout the world nd not really a religion

8. Wasabi86

Wasabi86 Well-Known Member

mumz a buddhist and dadz a catholic...
    i am catholic after attending catholic primary and secondary school... but i dunno... both religions and their teachings... i reckon its more like... 'guidelines' to how one should live a morally good life... believing in actual gods and stuff... im not that into it~

9. auta

auta Well-Known Member

thats wierd since usually those two religions dont really mix.

10. VR3

VR3 Member

No opinions !

But, I'm Catholic !-bowroflarms

11. jochelle

jochelle Member

I am known as a Buddhist since the day i was born...coz my parent is Buddhist...

12. wysandman

wysandman Well-Known Member

I not religious but, I do feel if religion works for you (regardless of choice)and improves your way of life...then it a good thing. I use judge it as bad thing, because it is one of the causes of wars throughout history, but these are different times.
    Now talking to ppl of different faiths and telling me it has improved their lives, then more power to them.

13. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Faith is great; however organized religion has been a cancer upon the world that has killed millions through history, and sovereign states should do all they can to abolish every last aspect of it. Oh, yeah... and Happy Holidays, everyone.

14. Linny

Linny Member

Faith in something whether it be god or ancestors is a great thing to have in times of trouble and strife and i understand why people would turn to it, but as the above post mentioned, when people try to 'organise' this faith and place it within a set of human rules and laws it very rarely produces anything good and tends to lead to intolerance and misery.

You don't need religion to be a good person in life.

15. jackycheunglove

jackycheunglove Active Member

Religion at it's core roots is good... God, Jesus, Allah, Buddah

it's when you let humans tteach religion that things start to go wrong.

I don't attend any mass gathering religious events.. just read books on religion, spirituality and let myself explore

16. Sharza

Sharza Member

idk lol why

17. xyinniex

xyinniex Active Member

..Hm. I've never found the need to believe in anything. I'm not really religious, but if you are, i'm down with that, just don't get all preachy on me. I will snap and explode.

18. Natsu

Natsu Well-Known Member

I have my opinions on religion and it has no bearing on my life, i dont believe in it but my mum is buddhist, well kinda. but i respect that and also i dont have the intention of slagging it off. people have their own way in beliefs and drawing confidence from.

19. roarixer

roarixer Well-Known Member

I personally do not have a religion.. I guess I just don't have a need for one.. I have enough faith in the physical world around me

but I think religion is find if you don't take the stories too literally. they're good lessons and can teach you to be a better person. take it too seriously, well, I guess it can explain a lot of the religious conflict going on so far..

20. selcricify

selcricify Active Member

i dont really believe in buddhist but i wear the jade , all i believe in is that once u die u get rebirthed lawls; :D