What did all of you think about the series?

Discussion in 'A Watchdog's Tale - 老友狗狗' started by EvilTofu, Jan 24, 2010.

1. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

It might be late but now that the series is over, I was kinda disappointed with the ending a bit.

Would had like some moments between Linda and Steven and of course the rushed ending again.

2. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

OMG is this real?????? a new topic

absolute love this series so much better than that 5 flavors, just comedy, it's fun to watch & i realized most main actors from this show were from Sweetness in Salt, too haha i jsut pick that up cus i was watching it

maggie siu is impressive, never expect she can play a role like that, usually see her as someone tough and serious. then steven ma, same, good to see his funny side. & i love wong ho yin, a memorable role, & hot XD

3. transition

transition Well-Known Member

woahhhh its been a while since i saw a new dramas topic under the current drama discussion section. i thought it was dead =\

i havnt finished it yet but by the look of it at the moment its hilarious!!! love steven ma =]. see.. i rather watch some kinda of family drama with a bit of humour that ones that goes too serious but at the same time not making it interesting. eg born rich where half of the time it was talking nonsense.

out of curiosity.. does maggie manage to discover her kiddnapper was her brother???

4. moranna

moranna Well-Known Member

So far after 3 eps it's ok, it really tries to hard but going to see if it gets better and what's up with linda's hair, so fake and ugly.

5. negiqboyz

negiqboyz Well-Known Member

I finished the drama .. it started out well but from there it just headed south ... needless to say, I was very disappointed .. weak and predictable storyline .. damn .. wasn't even that funny too. Don't get me wrong .. Steve did a good job .. the rest .. well either over acted (including the fat dude which was a surprise) or stiff like wood.

Sigh .. TVB .. when are they gonna come up with a better drama?

6. Nnerak

Nnerak Well-Known Member

meh. typical TVB

7. kobecarol

kobecarol New Member

but i love dogs...they are so cute

8. blkperc

blkperc Well-Known Member

meh. nothing special i guess, kinda unrealistic at some parts of you think about it...but i guess thats how TVB dramas are always like.

9. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

i loved how Steven Ma acted! I love how "say jai bao" became "see jai bao"! Always made me laugh! :)

Ending was a disappointment though, didn't like it. The climax wasn't even a climax.

10. colbne

colbne Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was good for about halfway through the series but it got kind of boring after that and the ending was kind of crap. I didn't give up on it because of one reason - Steven Ma. He was great as a country bumpkin, acting and speaking like one. As for how someone like Maggie Siu (crazy as she was in the show) could fall for Lulu Sir is just beyond me.

11. blueheart1985

blueheart1985 Well-Known Member

I think the serie is OK, but it won't be my favorite of the year

12. Dragon.

Dragon. Member

Am I the only guy that thinks Linda's hair was pretty cute in this?

13. bb_lui_julia

bb_lui_julia Member

This series is very very funny. I am so sad this series is over because i really enjoyed watching this series =)

14. moranna

moranna Well-Known Member

I gave up after 4eps, it's so badly scripted and a bit funny, it tries very hard but fails so much, at the moment this is worse series for this year.

15. rotizai84

rotizai84 Active Member

This series is funny but just the ending is not so nice. Would prefer more story line before going to end. Kinda sad it end so fast. Like the Lulu Sir when he said "Help".. looks funny the way he said it.. hehhe

16. rushx

rushx New Member

i had fun watching this this series. it's very light and entertaining. love steven ma's character. he played the role well.

17. transition

transition Well-Known Member

jst finished watching the series.... love it =]. sooo funny and entertaining but a bit touchy near the end but i could cope with it =].

linda looks hot with long hair =]. she kinda looks cute with that tomboy look tho

18. Jen18

Jen18 Member

I just finished it there! And it was really entertaining, a little sad that its finished now... :(

19. joewong368

joewong368 Active Member

the series is predictable and not creative

20. fookjay07

fookjay07 Well-Known Member

its okay overall although the ending wasn't too great...