What do you think of this series so far?

Discussion in 'Every Move You Make - 讀心神探' started by kevin, Oct 12, 2010.

1. kevin

kevin RAWR!

Share your thoughts here -detect

I find it alright, quite a lot of casts in this series.

2. lai2008080808

lai2008080808 New Member

Every Move You Make - 讀心神探

Very tight story, not like those in 1990s'.
    TVB has invested a lot in drama composition. They are trying to keep pace of the evolutions

3. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Love this series. Thousand times better than The Comeback Clan.

4. kevin

kevin RAWR!

Hahz, tru man.

5. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

I don't quite love it yet besides when Bowie's pointing out ppl's body language (useful)...some Scenes are a little long n unnecessary...good To see Loretta chow finally in a role who speaks more than 5 lines....Aimee Chan's hair just the same from some day...Like ho yees in this series

6. i dont like bowie but the series is interesting...i'll give it a chance.

7. cnj_40707

cnj_40707 Well-Known Member

hm... its like watching the American series 'Lie To Me' but Asian series. lol. Liking it so far.

8. kevin

kevin RAWR!

I haven't seen the "american" version, but I don't really care what people (reporters) say about copyright. A series is a series.

9. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

I like this series very much. It has a fresh crew, and BOWIE's acting is always superb.

I agree about the body language reading being a bit excessive, but it's to capture all the audience.

10. Chibi12

Chibi12 Well-Known Member

Erm not sure how many watch American dramas but this is sorta 'The Mentalist' and 'Lie to Me' rip off. Guess can't expect TVB to have an original idea.

11. Chibi12

Chibi12 Well-Known Member

Hey didnt see your post before I posted lol, but yep, totally agree!!

12. HiNg

HiNg Well-Known Member

the series is not bad, but the body language thing is a bit 2 much lol!!

13. onni

onni Well-Known Member

i've watched the US version "Lie To Me". though Bowie's character is quite the same as the US's, but i personally like TVB's Every Move You Make.

14. hellohello

hellohello Member

I actually like "Lie to Me"'s storyline more that Every Move You Make, however I would definitely say Bowie is a better looking actor. As for the female actors, I was hoping for a better acting or at least better looking ones to play as the main "attraction" opposite of Bowie. TVD definitely should think carefully of it's leading female actresses!

15. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Hong Kong has been ripping off US media ideas for years. Look at it this way, imitation is the best form of flattery, or copyright violation, depending on your point of view, LOL... :bowdown:

But, what I find funny about this series is how Bowie tells the criminals exactly what he thinks, and then having the criminals literally crumble right before our eyes.

Eg. "Aha! There, you see? You crossed your legs, ...So, I know you're guilty; you'd better confess!"

I'm paraphrasing of course, but one gets the idea. A real world criminal would probably just answer, "F.ck off, asshole... Where's my lawyer?"

16. kevin

kevin RAWR!

^(highlighted in red)

That is so true, they don't wish to be pressured.

17. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

Read body language isn't something new, but it's just become more scientific over the years and it's become more interesting.

It took some ideas from certain shows but they made it their own. You guys can say what you want, but when it comes down to it, is it a good series and overall, it is decent.

18. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

I agree that the idea is certainly unique enough (despite the obvious plagiarism) and audiences the world over do respond well to good ideas. Further, creative ideas for serials are hard to come by, and when they do, just about everyone everywhere wants a piece of it. The hugely popular 1999 Colombian Telenovela*, Yo Soy Betty, La Fea (I am Betty, the ugly one), have appeared as home grown knockoffs worldwide. Even Mrs Ralph is following a version of Ugly Betty on Chinese cable right now. At any rate, the premise of the study and observations of human sociological responses as offered by these Lie To Me - Every Move You Make productions, certainly has enough emotional resonance with viewers that most (if not all) likely won't care if the original creative spark was purloined or not. They're too busy enjoying the show.

That said, in this particular production, the antagonism of Bosco's character is being pushed way too far. It's like he's not only forgetting who his boss is, he's actively insulting his commander in public. While a difference of opinion can be academically stimulating, one has to remember that the police in Hong Kong is hardly an open learning arena for the liberal discussion of divergent ideas. Rather, it's an almost military hierarchical organization with a rigid command structure. Bowie is the commander and Bosco is his subordinate; so would a police organization seriously tolerate that kind of public disrespect and dissension? I'd say no. A cop like Bosco would have been transferred to the midnight watch of the runway at the far end of the airport after a week of such office debate. So that aspect of their interaction really ruins the suspension of disbelief of this story.

* A Telenovela is a Latin American short story television series similar to TVB's own format of a story told by a finite number of episodes.

#18 ralphrepo, Oct 17, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  19. kevin

kevin RAWR!

^
    Another interesting post. Thanks for sharing =]

20. binky334

binky334 Member

I feel like I need a lot of concentration and energy to watch this series, So I stopped after the 3 ep. bowie talks a lot, and it seems like every little thing that someone does has a meaning, which cuold be quit annoying.