What Is The Good And The Fast Way Learn Chinise???

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by devilz, Jan 7, 2007.

1. devilz

devilz Active Member

i wanna learn chinese, but in Finland my school doesn't have the subject. but i have an uncle who speak both cantonese and mandarin, he can write too.
    opinions????

2. Kira12

Kira12 Member

The best way to learn chinese is to immigrate to China/Hongkong ;) and stay there for a couple of years :)

But if you can't do this, you'd better buy a book and learn chinese from it.
    Other options:
    - Ask your uncle if he is interested to teach you
    - Surf through the internet for Chinese lessons
    - Go to a Chinese School in Finland, if they have it there :) (they have it here in NL) :S

3. martinj

martinj Guest

I am learning Cantonese- I do so via a Cantonese tutor. An addition to that, I watch as much as possible Cantonese TV series (with subs) and movies in Cantonese.

#3 martinj, Jan 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2007
  4. compliant

compliant Well-Known Member

finland is so awesome. quite possibly the smartest people in the world right there. low crime rates, whatever.

they had this study and finland was ranking in the top 3 in stuff. it was insane.

5. just try to migrate to china :p i want to do that if it was possible :( but my parents dont let me /cry

6. AZN-511

AZN-511 Well-Known Member

lol try to see if any other school or insitution offers a chinese course, or simply just watch a lot of chinese movies and shows.

7. watch TVB :D alot of DL's here ^^ you also got subs

8. ezai

ezai Well-Known Member

What do you mean learn Chinese?
    Which level ?

9. devilz

devilz Active Member

basics and all :)

10. so you dont know any chinese at all atm?

11. Leto

Leto Member

move to china / HK....

exchange program to china / HK....

anything that involves staying in said country for 3 months to 1yr +

short of that i would find things that motivates u to want to learn then grab a tutor (your uncle?) / attend class. eg for japanese my motivation was the tons of music i listen to.... i went and studied it for about 3yrs and also traveled there few years ago. studying a language is hard... u want to know everything at once but you really need to take it step by step hence the need for motivation. there's no "fast way" to do it.

Leto

12. love00penny

love00penny New Member

I say study abraod in chinese speaking country

13. smallrinilady

smallrinilady Well-Known Member

oh what a scary question

i know talking with someone in the language will be a biggie
    will you have alot of people besides your uncle who can talk to you on a daily basis

they say (if you are not native to the language) every month you do not practice the language, you can lose up to a year's worth of the knowledge

14. kk_gigi

kk_gigi Member

by watching TV , dating a chinese boys/girls

15. kk_gigi

kk_gigi Member

or by travelling China

16. saikira

saikira Well-Known Member

i suggest learnin from online or dl, rent tvb drama, my friend is mando, and she watch tvb for 3 years, and her canto is so perfect lolx, don't meant to brag but she is

17. THF20

THF20 is a Chinese

Well... some friends of mine said to me; during the time they start to learn chinese & cantonese, they would watch a lot of chinese films for atless 2 years. So that, they can learn fm speaking & listening.

18. Date a Chinese who speaks Chinese.

19. snowpans

snowpans Member

online leaning

20. Powerz

Powerz Well-Known Member

I believe the best way to learn Chinese is to learn from an actual native and have him/her tutor you.

Another good way of learning is to take a formal class (not the ones where you learn 3 words a day...I think that is a waste of time because our minds should be challenged to a point beyond our capability so we could practice and improve ourselves.)

If not, there's always audio tapes, travel books (but you gotta be careful of pronunciation.)