What makes a malaysian a malaysian

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by Harrison, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Harrison

Harrison Well-Known Member

What Makes A Malaysian A Malaysian?

1. A typical young Malaysian can name all the players from a top
    English Premier League club, but ask him to name one football player from Malaysia, he cannot!

2. When StreamyX come, you complain StreamyX too slow. When Maxis Broadband come, you complain Maxis Broadband always disconnects. When WiMax come, you complain Wimax too expensive. In the end, you say StreamyX still the best lah.

3. When highway toll price increase, you complain. When petrol price increase, you complain. When you go Starbucks buy RM10 coffee, NO COMPLAINTS.

4. When you cannot find parking in a shopping mall and have to walk very far, you complain. When you go inside the shopping mall and there's SALE, run from one end of 1Utama to the other, that one NO COMPLAINT.

5. You are always late. And the excuse you give when you're late is always either: (a) traffic jam (b) no transport or (c) cannot find parking.

6. You have a parent who forces you to take science stream in high school, study engineering in Uni, then when you graduate, they ask you to forget everything you learnt in Uni and do commerce.

7. You know someone who can specially develop an angmoh accent when speaking to an American / British / Australian.

8. You complain against the government in kopitiam, you talk loud loud. Leave anonymous comments on blogs, you also talk loud loud. Attend ceremah by DAP, you shout loud loud. Then when Opposition organise a protest and ask you to go, you dun wan. Scared later kena tangkap by ISA.

9. Every year on the 30th April, you are one of the people below queuing up last minute to submit your tax return at the IRB.

10. When you pay RM10 for something that costs RM1, you blame the Chinese.

11. When a government service is too slow, you blame the Malays.

12. When a building is not good and collapsed, you blame the Indians.

13. When a Chinese student won a scholarship, you say 'Wah! Very clever hor?' When a Malay student won a scholarship, you say 'Aiya! Of course lah! He Malay mah!'

14. When an angmoh stranger kisses you on the cheek to say hello, you very happy. When a Malaysian guy kisses you on the cheek to say hello, you slap him in face.

2. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

i suspect #3, #4, #5 happens everywhere and not just in Malaysia

3. seriously harrison..... stop with these joke spams....

4. Harrison

Harrison Well-Known Member

Refer to the article above is a philosophy that study of general problems concerning matters such as existence among us. It refers to our attitudes of demanding wants and needs towards the luxury items and reasonable price.

5. #6 master_g, Apr 24, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  6. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

I respect that... But you could post a source next time ^^
    and I wish the font wasn't so big and colourful...

7. bbgirlsum

bbgirlsum Well-Known Member

this is NOT philosophical.. this is a joke.. a p*sstake..
    and tbh i dont really find it that funny anyways..
    most of the stuff that happens on the list happens everywhere not just Malaysia

8. ^ the guy was just trying to be funny i think, maybe he didnt think we would find the source of this stuff to see that its nothing more than a joke and nothing to do with philosophy. anyway he can post it if he wants, just dont spam this crap all over the place

9. negiqboyz

negiqboyz Well-Known Member

^ that it was a malay hotpot that makes a malaysian a malaysian .. lolllll

10. never mind as long as your are a good citizen ok oledy

11. ericafu

ericafu Member

lols.. love quote no 14 the most..

12. Xib

Xib Well-Known Member

I crap on your spam and then I crap on it some more.

13. kokhong

kokhong Member

1 more..speaking english with the ending -la

14. Brumby

Brumby Well-Known Member

# 8 is very real. Anyone who has ever lived in Malaysia knows of ISA. It is a convenient and legal way of putting away dissent.

15. Niteghost

Niteghost Well-Known Member

Did not know, that is how U define a Malaysian, I personally don't know anymore, I was in Ipoh, spend my Teens and preteens in my hometown, and I have live in United states ever since.

16. Sponge_bob

Sponge_bob Well-Known Member

Damn I love this !!

17. ^ you need to go some where else....

18. qft

(my first time doing a QFT :D)

19. i actually had to look that acronym up... lol