Whats the point being good?

Discussion in 'The Rant Section' started by kdotc, Jan 21, 2010.

1. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

So many situations occurred and the year just started. Well today i was playing hockey in a local arena with a friend and a bunch of people there. The game goes off good and stuff then later i my teammate was trying to get the puck from the other guy and pushed him into the boards, well actually the door in the benches. It wasn't a hard hit tho but it looked like it was because the door was kinda opened and he got pushed in. I went to retrieve the puck then i see the other guy coming towards y teammate and they started fighting. I didn't know what to do at first and waited for 1 punch then thought about stopping the fight but when i was about to separate them, this guy grabs me and pulls me down hard then i pushed him and we started to fight. It was a short one and gloves were off too. All the times i went to play shinny in my year, i have never witness a fight. And also my teammate was like a kid probably 17 and the other guy was like 23. Basically good things don't happen to good people.

Think about it, its like when you open a door for someone, they prob won't even say thank you and most chances people won't open the door for you. Another situation is when you help people and they never help you back or think that it was nothing. Or when you help others and end up being accused or blamed for problems occurring. So what is the reason for being good when there is no benefits. I know some of you will say that it will make you happy to know you help but what happens when bad things come to you. Is that fair? I think i need to stop being nice/good and just do what i feel like. im just pissed off because i got into a fight for trying to stop a fight.

2. Afa

Afa Well-Known Member

@hockey story
    thats messed up.. u didnt even get into stoppin the first fight did ya? cant see a reason why the other guy grabbed ya, some ppl are just douche bags

opening doors and watnot i think is a standard thing.. most of the time i get a thankyou or a nod, if they dont do anything im fine too, as long as they dont flip me off or soemthing then ok..
    and ill definately be a 'good' in front of my chick friends so bonus points

in the end, its not a hassle to be a lil nice/good everynow and then so meh

3. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

well for me, being good is just the etiquette and courtesy i've grown accustomed to. it doesn't really make me happy or feel better, but i just do it. sometimes i don't even know i do it. i do believe that some people are thankful whenever we perform good deeds for them, although it's probably more wishful thinking on my part.

i don't think you should let one incident (or at least this particular incident) change how your views and how you act. the guy that grabbed you was a dick and he should be the one feeling bad, not you. don't fret over this too much. lighten up mannnn. (Y)

4. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

the world is a bitter place. i've giving up on being good many years ago. fuck em.

5. Being good doesnt have many benifits from my experience its just the way i am lol ,frankly acting like a dick will get u much further

6. if your kind to a person with the expectation of receiving the same back then that is the true motive of your kindness. i believe the best acts of kindness are carried out when you expect nothing and even receive nothing, it also keeps your ego in check. in many cases these people know what you've done for them but your act of kindness may put them to shame or even annoy them because you've shown them a level of civility that they dont show to others. anyway i could go on and on

your situation reminds me of this prophetic verse:

Matthew 24:12
    And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

you decide, join the many or stand out and be one of the few.

7. dtNet_PA

dtNet_PA Active Member

Just do it.

But do within your own boundaries.

Once upon a time I was a failed hero. Two men were fighting, I tried stopping it, only to be caught in had I not backed off.

By all means, act on what's instinctively you, but don't be a try-hard.............. do your part of kindness, don't force.

8. back in grade 8 i took a punch for one of my friends brother in the eye tryin to break up a fight and i recently saw him and the first thing he remember was me doin just that lol, not everyone is ungreatful but yea don't expect much in return if thats what you want. Supposedly the more helpful you are to other people the more in debt they will feel to pay back to you although none of that applies to almost anyone i've helped out yet =p

9. Knoctur_nal

join the many and be evil. choose when to be good. stand out in the dark side.

10. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

i realized its better to think u arent gonna get anything back when u contribute/help, cus most of the time like u said, not many really care/rmb the good things u did to them, like you should do this b/c u should. when bad things come, deal with it, blaming wont solve anything but make urself more hateful & emo & angry about everything. whats the point of being bad? to protect urself from getting hurt? make urself stronger? get benefits? (N)

it doesnt matter what the outcome will be, u never know, at least i did or attempted to do sth good, whether to be rewarded, recognized, whatever, 我對得住自己& thats enough

11. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

You should still do good...
    Because I like to believe in cause and effect, when you do good to someone, someone might not thank you or anything, but that person might do something good due to your action (might even be done subconsciously)

It's the same when you do harm to someone, just like your hockey game scenario, someone wants to pick a fight, and you somehow got into a fight, and now you feel angry

12. negiqboyz

negiqboyz Well-Known Member

Well .. I used to believe what goes around, comes around .. if you're nice to others, they will be nice to you .. but as I come to realize, it's NOT true.

Nevertheless, I still help others and do good things. Why? Because we are not them. We do it out from our heart and not expecting any thing in return. If you have to keep counts of how many times you help others or when or who, then it's not from the heart anymore. Don't you know generosity is a wealth people have a difficulty accumulating in life? Ironic as this sounds because poor people are actually a lot more wealthy when it comes to generosity .. rich ones usually get more greedy when they have more money.

Anyway, just do it and don't think too much of it. At least you can sleep better a night knowing that you'd done a good deed.

13. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

im just gonna be nice to those i want to but b a jerk to society and people i dont like on first appearance....i think life will be so much better...its a one man world nowadays..its like every1 for themselves

14. I said it before but i gota show it again, what you say reminds me of this so much.

Matthew 24:12 - 13
    And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
    But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

15. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

im a Christian and i do believe in God even though i don't go to church or pray anymore but all the shit that has happened to me is not stopping and goodness of me is starting to fade away. I tried the bible thing and inspirational messages but it does not get to me anymore...life's hard

16. ^ I know, i remember you saying, that's why i showed it to you :p

17. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

Welcome to the path of flames

18. negiqboyz

negiqboyz Well-Known Member

i believe in God and stuff but you know what .. everything depends on your heart/will at the end .. from within... those belief things don't help you much so don't count on it too much. life's hard .. who said it is easy. my advice to you is not to let your circumstances control and dictate you into the dark sorta speak.

if you think life's hard .. then think about those in Haiti now .. without a home, without food, lost loved ones, no school, etc .. they're probably 100x hard than you but people still move on with life .. lol

19. Knoctur_nal

rape and pillage my son.

20. Robme1

Robme1 Member

I believe in karma do good receive good :)