Whats with the english mixed into the script?

Discussion in 'Wars of In-Laws II - 野蠻奶奶大戰戈師奶' started by bobbylee, Feb 8, 2008.

1. bobbylee

bobbylee Well-Known Member

Even though I've only seen the first ep. I think how they put in all the english in is really really annoying. Does anyone else think so too?

2. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

There's an english version of this?

3. strawberri_angelbaby

strawberri_angelbaby Well-Known Member

i think it was to make them sound more professional and yeah, at times i find it annoying and awkward.

4. bbes

bbes Incredible

a lot of chinese ppl do that though anyway.

5. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

lol yer, u dont expect them just to speak canto, maybe english would have more effect at times or something, EG talking to people who speak english , with english ^^

6. fzyx

fzyx Member

^Well, using English with other English speakers is understandable. But sometimes they inserted a word of English into their, otherwise, entire Cantonese sentence! That bothered me too, and it was distracting sometimes .

7. Raindropz

Raindropz Anemone--

I find the english okay.. not saying that the say it well...(though the Myolie rap was kinda cool =])
    i think it just has to do with the personality of the characters they play...

8. Chibi12

Chibi12 Well-Known Member

I thought the english was ok, its how i spk to people that knw canto, I usually spk in english n chinese will pop up here and there so it reminded me of me lol!

9. bobbylee

i do mix too when speakin canto but i think it didn't make the characters sound professional esp liza wang.

10. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

lol they do this in every drama, prob used to make it more interesting

11. tvfan07

tvfan07 Well-Known Member

First time watched TVB series with alot of mixed in English but i think thier english is ok and at least something different. Ha ha ..
    ________
    YZR-M1

#11 tvfan07, Feb 13, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  12. crucif3x

crucif3x Member

It'd probably to make it's more "hip" and so that "chin-english" people like us can connect better LOL

13. bobbylee

this show is quite a bit like ugly betty but i do like ugly betty alot more

14. zaber

zaber New Member

this shows is just ok lol

15. s!lver

s!lver Well-Known Member

a lot of older asian folks are learning a little english anyways...

Plus, its suppose to make them sound more sophisticated. They are working at a fashion magazine.

16. madkute

madkute Well-Known Member

yeah it's suppossed to make them sound or look better becuz they're speaking english....

17. tien317

tien317 Well-Known Member

The English was Okay here. The only annoying one was in Fathers and Sons where there is this pathetic guy in Bobby's office who speaks English annoyingly!!

18. bobbylee

man that guy was annoying, give him english lessons (okay?), hes also in WOIL2 , but one of the background guys

19. joeyfan

joeyfan Well-Known Member

I think they put in English to make the series more funny (to overseas people anyway lol). I loved the first episode when Myolie said..."because... I LOVE her son!" LOL

Both Liza and Myolie's English are decent. And its a good way for HKers to learn more English. It's also very common in HK to add English in their conversation even when they aren't very good at it rofl

20. bobbylee

i think the only person with good english is that "Mark" guy, fluent in both languages.