Where's the best place in HK?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by bbgirlsum, Mar 19, 2009.

1. bbgirlsum

bbgirlsum Well-Known Member

I'm going to HK in July for 3 weeks for holiday and see some of my families..

Just want to know where's the best place to go to? And where's the best place to buy CD's & DVD's cheaply?

OH and one more question, is there a beach in HK where you can do surfing and the like?

-rolleyes

2. dickson

dickson Well-Known Member

^ i think theres a beach called REPULSE BAY

as 24herbs says: go to LARN KWAI FONG

3. bbgirlsum

would anybody know where there's any good bars or pubs or clubs down in Yuen Long side of places? As I'm staying there... lol

Ofc Larng Kwai Fong I will go there that is if i can persuade someone to drive me back home lol

4. BigM

BigM Well-Known Member

I think there's also one called Big Wave Beach or something like that. Don't expect too much though; Last time I went there the waves weren't even a metre high lol. (But that's coming from an Aussie)

5. bbgirlsum

to be honest the surfing thing ain't for me it's for my sister
    i said i'd find her a place to do "surfing", i prefer jet-skiing but then i dont mind to just sunbath haha

ahh always want to go to aussie =] but that was proably coz of that film "Finding Nemo" =/

6. dickson

dickson Well-Known Member

^ just dont come during december, january or february.........its fkn hot as..

7. golfgod

golfgod Member

8. bbgirlsum

im goin july so that will be pretty damn humid and boiling xD

9. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

There really isn't any beach in HK that would give you the kind of waves needed for real surfing (not that I know much about it anyways). HK is known for a lot of things, but surfing is probably near the bottom of a very long list, if at all. Next, you have to remember that HK's waters is not the cleanest in the world. I would hesitate to expose even my sagging rough rawhide skin to it. If you want to go swimming, I would suggest a pool instead. Staying in Yuen Long means you'll be more or less in the burbs; if you want to party in Central District's Lan Kwai Fong (a bit over rated if you ask me) you'll need to travel at least an hour or more each way from Yuen Long. You may be better off staying on the Kowloon side just to save time.

At any rate, good luck and have a safe trip ;)

10. orchidGrl

orchidGrl Member

for cd & dvd cheap place is Mongkok 女人街 ^_^

11. gigantor

gigantor Active Member

If you want to do water sports go check out Stanley instead. They have a lot of wakeboarders there.

12. bbgirlsum

i have no problem with travelling around anyways, because im not askin for myself about the waters im jus helpin my sis out coz shes lazzzy lol, but i knw da HK waters aint that clean hence i aint goin to swim there, id rather be swimmin a pool even tho i cant swim haha

isit worth the money to go disneyland HK?