Which version is better? Andy Lau or Louis Koo

Discussion in 'Movies Discussion' started by qazqazqaz8, Feb 13, 2011.

1. qazqazqaz8

qazqazqaz8 Active Member

I need some input on which Return of Condor Hero version I should watch...

Return of Condor Hero 1983 starring Andy Lau

or

Return of Condor Hero 1995 starring Louis Koo

Which one is better in terms of overall entertainment...ranking the plot, storyline, graphics, comedy, more touching...etc.

The 1983 version has 50 episodes and 1995 version has 32 episodes only......

Please leave some honest feedback. Thanks!!

2. cheemeng233

cheemeng233 Member

andy lau version...its a classic

3. lochen

lochen Member

Louis Koo is younger and taller than andy lau, so he's much better than andy lau.

4. Nightstalker

Nightstalker Member

Louis Koo version was painfully unwatchable in comparison...

5. KingPin

KingPin Well-Known Member

You should watch the Andy Lau version its way better than the Louis Koo remake for many reasons.

1. Andy Lau version is the sequel to Condor Heroes (1983 version starring Felix Wong), with many of the actors reprising their roles; you see the characters age as the story progresses over the two series. The rivalry between Hung Tsat-kung and Au-yeung Fung commences in Condor Heroes and is finally settled in Return of Condor. Without the prequel you cannot appreciate the history between the two great warriors.

2. Plot wise the 1983 version has more depth to the story arcs because of the 50 episode length. You feel for Yeung Kuo (Andy Lau) as he wrestles with his conscience to inflict vengeance on those responsible for his fathers death. Louis Koo's interpretation is a bit weedy and wet.

3. Comedy wise Chun Wong starring as Chow Pak-tung (老頑童) in the 1983 version is hilarious. He embodies the spirit of the old prankster and I couldn't imagine another actor playing the part better. The chemistry between Andy Lau and Chun Wong when their characters get into mischief hasn't been matched.

4. Graphics wise the Louis Koo version wins mainly due to better technology applications available in 1995 compared to 1983.

5. Action wise the Andy Lau version is way better; they don't make wuxia series like this anymore. Because of the lack of special effects there's more emphasis on the action choreography with some excellent fight scenes. Plus in the Louis Koo version he has to go topless for a fight scene and looks like a walking spare rib. The cameraman deliberately focuses on the foreground scenery so that the viewer doesn't notice Louis' skinny chicken arms and pigeon chest. Its embarrassing to be the main hero and look so weedy.

6. I watched the Andy Lau version when I was young and have always regarded it as the definitive Return of Condor Heroes.

Just watch the Andy Lau version -bigclap and forget about Louis Koo :no:. Its the right choice; otherwise you'll regret seeing the pigeon chest. :wtf:

Better yet start with Condor Heroes (1983 with Felix Wong), then watch Andy Lau.:punk: