Who lives in Hong Kong now?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by pcloadletter1, Mar 1, 2008.

1. pcloadletter1

pcloadletter1 New Member

What's it like. How'd you do it? And of course do you enjoy it?

2. shw

shw Well-Known Member

there are so many asian ppl there

crazy

3. Thisdamngood

Thisdamngood Well-Known Member

I wish I lived in Hong Kong, but I don't know how to find a job there. No connection.

4. neko-pochi

neko-pochi Well-Known Member

Spent like 2 weeks in HK last year. Lots lots lots of people everywhere. Most of them walk very fast during rush hours. People don't seem to take the time to enjoy life and relax. Well... maybe they enjoy life by doing stuff very fast. They seem to always run on a heavy schedule. :/ Cars run on opposite sides (compared to America and other places not britain).

But, it's cool. Really enjoyed my time there. You have everything you need in HK. Cheap stuff, expensive stuff. Pastries shop almost everywhere. 7-Eleven almost everywhere. Nice subway system. And most people can understand me, compared to Guangzhou, when I mix canto and english. lol

5. bbes

bbes Incredible

thats cos a lot of chinese ppl like to mix canto and english. these days some like to mix both of those with some mandarin too lol. ye ppl do travel very quickly i agree. the pace of life is very quick and i think it is expeccted from most big cities anyways.

6. Thisdamngood

^hey man, who's the girl on your avatar?

7. hkm91450

hkm91450 Well-Known Member

Well that's the lifestyle there. Life is very fast in HK, figuratively and literally. I have friends who even complained that people here WALK too slow.... -lol

8. XDTP

XDTP Well-Known Member

I don't think I could ever live there...Unless I am doing a show there for a week or something. Too many people.

9. pcloadletter1

pcloadletter1 New Member

Haha, yes. It's true about the 7 elevens. Was in Tai Po and was a a crossroads and there were 2 7-11 opposite each other, and at least 1 more down the road. It's nuts. And yeah pastry shops a bundle. Was there for 4 months so really got used to it.

10. bbes

bbes Incredible

shes an actress in the show best selling secrets her name is zoe sham 岑潔儀.

11. missdiorcherie

missdiorcherie Well-Known Member

I don't live in Hong Kong now
    I really want to live in Hong Kong and i hope i will find a job . The life in Hong Kong seems to be excited

12. neko-pochi

neko-pochi Well-Known Member

lol and if it's not a 7-Eleven, it's gotta be a Circle K. :p While I was there, they were giving out Doraemon stamps for each 20$HK (I think) you spent or those Super Mario Bros paper clips. Aaww... I miss those pastry shops and Aji Ichiban stores. T__T

13. bbes

bbes Incredible

ye 7-elevens and circle k are everywhere. though i think there are more 7-elevens tbh. gotta love those shops for ur snacks lol. ye i like those pastry shops too. tbh hk is a pretty cool place to live if u don't mind the pace and the heat in the summer with its gripping atmosphere/humidity.

14. Thisdamngood

I don't think I would mind the heat and all. I can adapt to it pretty easily. Man, I just can't get enough of the food there. Wanna move back there soon.

15. bbes

bbes Incredible

ye only problem is, the cost for an apartment is ridiculously high priced at the mo.

16. Thisdamngood

yea, I know. Gotta get a good job there b4 moving.

17. slamdunkfardo

slamdunkfardo Active Member

i don't, but many other are

18. lilchan92

lilchan92 Well-Known Member

i love the lifestyle and the fast paced life they have once i find a job i wanna get a workers permit and move over there but i heard its pretty hard to get one

19. yongxlin

yongxlin Well-Known Member

i visited hong kong a few years back...love the food, so many choices but overcrowded with people--if you and your friend are chinese or asian for that matter, you can easily lose each other (due to the fact that it's hard to search each other in the crowd of asians)

20. Thisdamngood

^Communicate with Cell Phones. You don't get lost that easy.