Whos the best street fighter

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by master_g, Mar 31, 2009.

1. ill go first, Ken is the best, Ryu is far to restrained and can only do hadukens. Ken has flair and his dragon punch is far more deadly.

Discuss

2. hayato2000

hayato2000 Well-Known Member

Well it depends on your fighting style, with ryu u have to be more patient, he is more powerful, yet his haduken sometimes are annoying, ken is more close fighting, he got speed but i personally switch between them, but i use guile too

3. Natsu

Natsu Well-Known Member

Ryu personally. i like using fireballs in my fighting style, but i like Ken for close combat, hes far superior than Ryu in this aspect. But for speed, i like Chun Li and Sakura.

4. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

sagat... plain and simple... tiger knee in the face!

5. ^ yeah but thats only for sfIV were Sagat is easy mode, the other SF games are no so forgiving

6. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

how so? o_O sagat's pretty much been top tier since day one... the guy is fast, has long reach and versatile movesets...

7. but you gota admit in SFIV sagat is easy to use, overpowered imo, not saying he aint good or anything though

8. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

eh... sorta... the game's a lot more complex than people make it out to be...

9. Natsu

Natsu Well-Known Member

sagat is a pain to fight against >.< he has longer reach and his moves are awesome, especially his Tiger Uppercut.......

10. thats good, if i see that its real complex i may invest but ill have to get a stick too so extra money

11. nichiren

nichiren Member

i aint got the game or any console to play it on or played it on arcade yet. but i have had a few hours playing on my friends ps3.so atm i think blanka is the best and ryu kick the rest, ken and sagat can kiss my foot. muahahaaaahaaaaa

12. bungeoppang

bungeoppang Member

Gouken, i think is the best. Has 3 direction fireballs, a juggle throw, counter moves, demon flip. Only thing that is bad is his speed, lack of anti-air and no priority in his moves.

13. swtimes11

swtimes11 Active Member

ken or ryu .. hands down.

14. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

it doesn't depend on the character but how the player uses the character

15. ^ ok grasshopper :p

16. Xib

Xib Well-Known Member

Complex? Lol SFIV is mainstream to the bone. THe only thing that takes skill is the focuss-dash/focuss-cancels.

Want complexity and technical gameplay, switch back to SF 3rd strike.

As for Ken & Ryu every monkey with a half a brain and a couple of fingers can play at least decent with them, so yes they are the better characters in every SF game.

17. i mainly use Ken.... but Akuma is quite cheap... sagat is quick and has a lot of priority.... so i rotate between these 3...

18. Ch_Wong

Ch_Wong Member

Ryu

Just can't beat the original.

19. Hmm good post

20. kickunow

kickunow Well-Known Member

i'd say the dudley or yun in sf3

#20 kickunow, Apr 4, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2009