Why do Chinese people have to take advantage of everything!

Discussion in 'The Rant Section' started by MrCooperS, Mar 21, 2011.

1. MrCooperS

MrCooperS Well-Known Member

People line up as early as 3:30 AM in the morning just to get a chance to buy a iSlate at the Orange store. But they can't buy it because the first 4 customers in line buys 2 iSlates each, and each of their friend also buys 2 more; just so they can bring it back to Hong Kong/China, sell it, and make a few bucks. Then people who really want the iPad get the short end of the stick because there's no more inventory for them. Pisses me off. I find it such a disgrace that these Chinese people only know how to utter 3 Engrish words just to take advantage of the system. "iSlate, White/Black, 16/32/64 gb" Arggggggggggggggh. :rolleyes2:

::Vent Over::

2. bbgirlsum

bbgirlsum Well-Known Member

Because what I notice about Chinese people is that they like to have all the fancy things like iPads, LVs all the designer shits that make them look good. I mean the typical Chinese people in the UK drives a fricking BMW or a Merc straight away and they won't want to get any other shitty little Fords or Vaxhual etc.

Well the point I'm getting to is that they think tech outside of China is going to be cheaper and they like grabbing a so-called bargain. Being Chinese myself I could say I am disgusted at the attitudes and mannerism that mainland Chinese people has but then my excuse is that I was brought up on the British culture where it is totally different. Fair enough if people genuinely are buying 2 iPads for people within their families or as a present for someone and one for themselves, other than that and jsut for re-saling at other countries? It's wrong tbh especially on launch dates where lots of people are "presumed" to haeve queued up a long time to get hte new gadgets and what not

3. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Were you one of the people that didn't get one b/c they ran out? :p

4. the store is partially at fault for not enforcing a one-per-buyer or one-per-household rule..

5. peppermint

peppermint Well-Known Member

Its in our DNA, we are programmed to do that naturally, chinese especially those who were born and raised in Asia, they speak, walk, think and calculate faster. A lot of hong kongers just moved to UK cannot tolerate the slowness of British people and tend to complain a lot, and they call us BBC stupid.

6. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

its called hoarding

7. MrCooperS

Haha no, but it's just a bit disgraceful because I see a lot of other customers who hates those other Chinese people for taking advantage of the system.

And to the comment of enforcing 1 per customer. Even if that policy was set in place, you don't think they would figure out a way around it? I've seen a shady guy in the food court, asking random people to buy iPhones for him (when the iPhone 4 was launched) and he would pay them 20 bucks. He had a stack of iPads and iPhones right next to him. And there's nothing the store can do about it.

8. lmao.. I heard some pples jumped in line after their friends been waiting.. So the Ping Gwo store just sold 10 of ze IPadoze

9. plus naturally all these lil kids want to flip that shiz on the internet.. and for the suckers who are willing to pay for it.. :facepalm:

10. reno

reno Well-Known Member

order online... saves time on lining up =)

11. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

well, if chinese people can't get the first retail version available, how are they supposed to make bootleg versions to satisfy the rest of the chinese market

12. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

how do you know they takes it back to HK / China to get a few bucks? Is it not possible that they have kidS or nieceS or nephewS??

13. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

simple, line up earlier than them or don't get one. you snooze you lose bro. I highly doubt you NEED one. This is just like what happens on Black Friday. I think it's fair game.

14. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

get ya dvd's and ipad2's with a side of wonton.
    selling em outa the back a restaurants and convenience stores.

15. reno

reno Well-Known Member

can always buy the original ipad
    heaps of stock there =)

time is $$
    save time and u can pay more

16. MrCooperS

17. The_Jelly

The_Jelly NSFW? :P

If you've ever grown up in HK you'll know that lining up for things is very much apart of our culture. From going to the doctor to lining up for school registration. Get up earlier, nothings stopping you.

Like what NAS said, its fair game. The people didn't cut in line or whatnot, they got there early. Why do people have to have such a strong sense of entitlement?

18. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Chinese people are really smart, they abuse the buy more than one rule, then they jack up the price and resell/make copies.

19. MrCooperS

Whoa whoa whoa, slow down tiger.

1. I didn't grow up in Hong Kong, and this is the States I'm talking about.

2. I never said I wanted one nor did I say I was even in line to get one.

3. It is fair game, but it still makes you look like a prick.

4. There's no sense of entitlement anywhere in my post. handoff1

And just to throw this out there. It's fair game, but Chinese people take FULL advantage of the system and sometimes find loop holes around it. Example: I was working inventory last night up until 3:30 AM. At approx 2:30 AM, a Chinese guy walks to the store's front door and asked me in Chinese if we had any in stock. I told him no, and asked how he got in the mall because the mall's doors aren't even open to the public until 3:30 to 4 AM. His response? He has a friend that works in the maintenance department of the mall. Yes, they are THAT desperate to make a buck.