Why do we have to learn Chinese?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by Syreeta, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Syreeta

Syreeta Well-Known Member

Hey, at school i have to do a workshop about learning chinese...
    but i have to give some agruments ( reasons) why we have to learn chinese:p
    pleasee helpp

2. 小小

小小 (゚ー゚)(。_。)(゚ー゚)(。_。) afk

hmmm .... more work opportunities, as when in the world of work u can go back and work there if u like the place #

or in my case i wnt to learn jap, as all the gd stuff is in jap like mov and anime -lol

3. Syreeta

Syreeta Well-Known Member

and why the NOT-chinese people has to learn chinese?

4. boypk29

boypk29 Active Member

If you are chinese, then i think u should know some chinese....because u r CHINESE.

5. because jin said so :p

6. Tiramisu21

Tiramisu21 Well-Known Member

why? because u'd have another thing on the list that makes u an all around person. There's a lot of Chinese ppl!! Learning chinese would give u an opportunity to communicate even better with an extremely populated ethnic group haha. Let's just say it's pretty cool to pick up on a new language or something.

7. hkm91450

hkm91450 Well-Known Member

Well depends on who you are:

If you're Chinese living in HK or China:
    Then you obviously need to learn it. Duh... it's the official language used there...

If you're a FBC (foreign-born Chinese, or overseas Chinese):
    You learn it because that is your culture and it's who you are. You're Chinese and so you should know how to speak Chinese.
    It's sad when I see other oversees chinese who can't speak, read, or write one bit.
    If all the 2nd, 3rd, etc. generation of FBC chose not to learn Chinese, then soon, the CHinese community in those countries will die out and lose their status and influence. For example, imagine if that happened in Canada (which of course won't happen) - which would be sad b/c Chinese represents the biggest minority in literally every big city. however, this is happening in the US, as assimliation is waay bigger there.

If you're non Chinese:
    Learning Chinese broadens and opens the door to many work opportunities, considering China will become the next superpower nation. More and more people from China are going abroad promoting the economic benefits of their country, and undoubtedly, many people do consider China and set up businesses there. For example, look at all the non-Chinese who work in Hk.
    So, learning Chinese is an asset!

>.<

8. LOL FBC is that what they call it now... so many of em like CBC, JBC, LBC...

9. 小小

小小 (゚ー゚)(。_。)(゚ー゚)(。_。) afk

im a BBC -lol

10. British Born CHinese? Baghdad Born Chinese? Barbarian Born Chinese?

I'm personally a Chinese Born Chinese... but I'm a ALC... america livin chinese...

11. SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988 ~ TVB ADDICT ~

Im a BBC - British Born Chinese!! and learn chinese cos i am chinese! lol.. my parents born im HK, but me i UK! =(

12. hkm91450

hkm91450 Well-Known Member

Cool. Me too. I'm CBC - Canadian-born Chinese. And also learn Chinese with passion! :)

Lol, well i didn't want to just say a Canada, or whatever because eventhouh there are lotsa Canucks here, there's also Chinese from other countries.... So i just generalize it using "F".... i don't even know if it's a real term people use... it's just something I made up...

13. BunJai

BunJai Well-Known Member

I am CBC Chinese Born Chinese but since i came to USA at the age of 9 I Know some chinese. I want to learn more chinese because I am Chinese

14. tn2005

tn2005 Member

i love learning chinese. I really wish that someday I could speak Chinese and be able to undertand it perfectly.

15. b.b.briann

b.b.briann Member

so you can read lyrics and then sing along :D

16. ceetal

ceetal Well-Known Member

im hk born chinese.. but im in canada now.. learning chinese means you aren't entirely whitewash =T so.. chinese pride i guess

17. jdorama

jdorama Guest

don't you find chinese writing to be beautiful anyways? but anyways learning chinese can help you get girls if your a guy, or helps you get guys if you're a girl. Or you can just learn it to make friends.

18. Danny

Danny Active Member

If you have a chance to learn chinese then why not, it's better than learning other foreign languages as mandarin is becoming more wildly use around the world.

19. xAlarmx

xAlarmx Member

I am ABC: Amercian Born Chinese.... I currently go to chinese school.... my paernts told me that I have to learn beacuse it can help me in the near future

20. Lechx

Lechx Active Member

I'm in the same situation. All my relatives and glad and proud I 'm learning chinese. Relatives that I rarely spoke with began to speak more to me. I knew a bit of Cantonese and am now learning mandarin. China's influence in the world is increasing ,and knowing Chinese will open up opportunities.