Wii-mote Batteries and games!

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by rsx, Jun 13, 2007.

1. rsx

rsx Well-Known Member

Bah I made a thread regarding Wii Game Recommendations a week or two ago, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to start a fresh one.

Anyway, I returned the two games (Metal Slug and Red Steel) and got Super Paper Mario and Zelda: TP. I haven't gotten around to playing the Wii too much lately, but I've started to play Paper Mario and it's pretty fun, very creative .. a bit heavy on dialogue though. I have not started playing Zelda: TP yet, but I'll eventually get to it when there's time. Having two single-player games is good enough for the Wii.
    I'm gonna shoot for more multiplayer games from now on -- definitely going to get Rayman Raving Rabbids and Wii Play (for the remote) around this weekend, I hope (should I include Mario Party 8?). Anymore GOOD multiplayer (party) games that you guys would recommend?

One last thing -- how do you guys manage the batteries on the Wii mote?
    I know there's three ways to go about this .. get the Wii-mote recharger, get rechargeable batteries yourself and recharge them yourself or buy the batteries as you run out and keep replacing it that way.

Wii-mote recharger:
    The good: it's convient, you simply place the Wii-mote on the charger and it recharges.
    The bad: I've read that the batteries can MELT inside the Wii-mote. Another downside is that sometimes, only ONE side of the batteries charge and the other side does not. It's $29.99?

Buying rechargeable batteries and a recharger yourself:
    The good: you don't have to worry about the batteries melting or not recharging. It works and I already have a recharger that can recharge 4 AA batteries at once..
    The bad: The batteries are quite expensive and I would have to purchase at least 10-12 rechargeable batteries for 4 Wii-motes (I only got 2 Wii-motes now, but planning to get more).

Buying the batteries each time it runs out:
    The good: Nothing?
    The bad: Too inconvient and a huge waste of money.

Right now, I'm probably going to stick to buying the rechargeable batteries and recharge them myself instead of risking the money in buying a defective Wii-mote recharger.. Which do you guys prefer?

2. kojiyu

kojiyu Active Member

Let see i have a Energize 15 charger it rocks so i'd say rechargable batteries since the normal ones recharge 4 batteries that fits 2 remotes and i don't like the dockin station thingy its like a waste of space in my opinion and they built it so the sync button cannot be pressed

3. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

So far I am on rechargable batteries... but once they die I reckon I will go for the Wii-charger...

4. ah_wong201

ah_wong201 Well-Known Member

rite now i'm also using rechargeable batteries. i'm still waiting for a best buy to have the wii battery charger in stock so i can get it at a cheaper price.

5. bjie88

bjie88 New Member

I'm using the Energizer rechargeable batteries too. I got a 4 pack so I always got a spare all charged and ready to go!

6. reno

reno Well-Known Member

well im using eneloop batteries =)
    friend flew to japan and got some hehehehe
    well at the current rate, the remotes last weeks for each charge
    so its pretty good, tho they are a lil more expensive than other standard rechargable ones

i just need to get a good charger
    hafing a dodgy/basic fast/rapid charger kinda kills the rechargable battery's capacity etc
    just gotta save up before i get my maha charger! its $100aud + postage ><

i bought rampage
    hmmph
    not as great of a game as i remember it was, wen i was a lil kid
    remember playing it on those old computers, like crazily old, can't even remember wat platform it was... lol
    played with my cuz till late late, ahahahah
    it was fun those days....